cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming text messages

edalgaard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
For the last five hours none of the texts my friends have sent me have come through. I can send them texts, and they receive them. They are on multiple different providers including Rogers, Koodo and t- mobile. I restarted my phone, but it didn't help.
7 REPLIES 7

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If it is an android device, one thing you can do is go into the app settings and try to delete app cache, force stop the app and try relaunching it.

edalgaard
I'm using whatever is built into my phone. Didn't realize that was something you could change. I'll investigate. But it all worked fine up until 4:45 this afternoon.

Try your sim in other phone if available to check if its service or hardware issue will resolve your issue if its service then contact mod
Send a private message with your ph#, and your email mod and they will get back to you when they can. 
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If it's phone then do a full factory reset.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Did you log into the self serve and make sure that everything is ok with your account?

what messaging app are you using?

edalgaard
There is no porting. I've been on public mobile for years.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Did you port in your number ? if you did in the last 2-3 hours then it is normal. make sure to mention this in your topic 

If you did not port in , then try using a different texting app to try and see where the issue is

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Your number probably hasn't been fully ported in, please give it some time and it will be all good. 

Need Help? Let's chat.