cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming call

aalazad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just transferred tje number from Virgin.

No incoming call but outgoing call is working fine. Called Virgin, they said the number is still active with Virgin because transferred might have not completed. How the same number is working on two networks? - no idea. Virgin advised that they cannot do anything about this and recommended to do the number porting process again. How can this be done again while this number is also active with Public Mobile? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

@aalazad 

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) to start the porting process again; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

There is normally a 90 minute window for the acceptance here.

Then call Virgin to see if they will allow the port verbally with you on the phone. Do not cancel the service with Virgin. It will be closed automatically when port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@aalazad 

Looks like your will need to wait for your wife to return to Canada to restart the porting process with help from a CS_Agent.

@aalazad wrote:

Virgin SIM is not svailable because the phone with that SIM has been taken by my wife who is out of the country for a long period of time.

@aalazad   you will have to contact Virgin Mobile and see if they allow the port without the text authentication.  They might or they might not.  Worst case, you will have to get a new Virgin SIM , then change sim card to make the new one an active SIM so you can receive the text.   

Contact Virgin first and see what they say

aalazad

Looks like thete was a porting protocol issue. But Virgin told me to try the porting again. Can this be done again? I no more have Virgin SIM handy. 

aalazad

Virgin SIM is not svailable because the phone with that SIM has been taken by my wife who is out of the country for a long period of time.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

As long as you followed the proper porting protocol and it is a virgin cell #, port should be fully complete in next hour or so. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you leave the Virgin sim in and reply to the confirmation text before 90 minutes?

Porting allows outgoing to be the ported number. But incoming calls are the last.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@aalazad 

The porting process will take a couple of hours to complete. Try again later.

Need Help? Let's chat.