cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cell service but have data LTE

2Irish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

5 days ago I joined PM ,I ported my number. I got the freedom mobile request to port number and said YES.  I have LTE service but no cellular service I live 500 meters from a bell tower . I have turned off and on and remover the sim so many times , the service has been reset by PM my phone is Motorola g power 2021. Any help would be appreciated.

ps. The call tries to go through then the LTE and cell lines drop and call ends with a message 

Cellular network  not available for voice calls.

12 REPLIES 12

@2Irish wrote:

got the new sim card in and same issues  ,it is a brand new bell tower  could it be only letting bell mobility  calls go through. it is mhz700 mhz 850

@2Irish  PM using Telus and Bell towers and all calls will go through as long as it is connected

have you open a ticket with PM support yet?

Also, you tried clicking "reset all networks" on your phone?

For Preferred network type or Network mode, make sure you enter choose Automatic  , you can try to choose 3G Only , definitely not to choose 5G only (if there is such choice)

2Irish

got the new sim card in and same issues  ,it is a brand new bell tower  could it be only letting bell mobility  calls go through. it is mhz700 mhz 850

GR
Mayor / Maire

@2Irish could it be that the bell tower near you is a new one with no 3g.  All the newer towers only have lte and 5g.  But saying that and your account is new then volte should be enabled.  Check your phone to see if there's any volte settings and if they're enabled. If your phone does support volte and is enabled then you should message the cs_agent to make sure everything is provisioned right.  Good luck! 

@2Irish wrote:

Freedom service  is gone.

@2Irish 

Porting should be fine and completed.

It could be an account provision issue versus the Public mobile talk issues with the VoLTE roll out.  Several customers have issues with calling in the last week or so. 

Did you try adding 1 or+1 in front of the area code?

Likely need to contact customer service agent. 

@2Irish   

But with LTE, can you still make outgoing calls? 

And do you have another phone around you can test the sim card?  While this tests if it is a device issue, it could also force a sim reprovision and it could resolve the issue

I would also suggest you to try to drive closer to the Bell towers and see if incoming and outgoing calls both working.  Or go around different part of the town to test if you are going out

It does look like it could be sim card provisioning error.  So, before you go out, why not open a ticket with PM support and have them confirm

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

2Irish

Freedom service  is gone.

2Irish

LTE  Texts and data sms all work . 3g nothing .

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sounds like a porting issue 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@2Irish 

What about texts?  Are you able to receive texts?  Send texts?

You could try your Freedom mobile phone to see whether it is still working.

It might be a stuck port, but need more additional information.  

If it is only a calling out issue, try adding 1 or +1 in front of the area code. 

@2Irish   please still call the number I sent you (PM porting support team) to confirm.

Also, what you can do in the mean time is to change the Preferred network type or Network mode to 3G Only and test if  you can receive incoming calls on your PM sim card

2Irish

No calls  . I called freedom they said porting was complete 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@2Irish   So, you can make calls but no receive calls?  did you receive any calls at all on your PM sim card since joining?  Wonder if the porting did indeed completed.  

There is a porting team to call and confirm.  I will message you the number via the Community inbox.  Please call the number  and check first.   

Need Help? Let's chat.