cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No addon packages for international calls to sub-Saharan countries

Vomvoya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

None of the sub-Saharan African countries, which number around 46, are included in any of the international calling packages offered by public mobile. I have been a loyal customer for over six years and I have seen people who need to pay for Skype subscriptions on top of their public mobile plans to make calls to those countries. It would be great if public mobile could introduce an add-on package that covers this gap.

@admin 

8 REPLIES 8

Vomvoya

Lucky mobile has 50min for $10 subscription that allows calling to many of the countries I would like to reach in sub Sahara . PM lack innovation 

@Vomvoya 

I’ve never had any issues calling LD on TextNow or WhatsApp.

Most of my friends and family are on WhatsApp so I can call them anytime around the world.

Now sure about business with 1-800 number…never tried…would it be an emergency if it is a 1-800 number?

HI @Vomvoya   

VoIP app like TextNow or Fongo can pretty much call all numbers except those special number you need to pay.   Definitely can call landline.  VoIP app are not like Whatsapp, , they are pretty much like a mobile phone, hence able to call landline or peronal call. 

As to your phone cannot call some number, which 1-800 you cannot call? If you don't mind, share it

And what busines you cannot call?

@Vomvoya 

for your best result, get a coupla calling cards for the areas you wish to call. That way, you'll have one on hand in case of emergency. You can get calling cards at 7-11 or other similar retail stores.

PM is a budget type of service , so has only very limited calling options.

Vomvoya

There are some calls that you can’t make with those applications. For example if you need to call a landline or the number of a person/office or an institution. 

it feels awkward that a user of public mobile wouldn’t be able to make an emergency international call. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Vomvoya 

I would recommend you download the WhatsApp, TextNow or Fongo for free wifi calling and texting.

I have WhatsApp and TextNow as a backup on my home wifi to call friends and family who are abroad.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Vomvoya   Sorry. NO.  

PM has a very small list of international calling. Skyers or calling cards are the solutions

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Vomvoya you are correct , this is the List of countries PM has add ons for 

international calling covers the

following countries:

Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Need Help? Let's chat.