cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No add-ons under US Roaming column on My Add-ons page

ben_wb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unable to purchase a new 10-day add-on because the roaming add-ons are not visible on the My Add-ons page. They were, but now they’re not. The other columns are populated with various add-ons.

Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile probably disabled roaming addons since international borders have been closed for over 2 years now, and international travel probably won't reopen until next decade at the earliest.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ben_wb 

For the same add on you have to wait 24 hours after expiry to purchase again or go thru customer support. Any other add on you can purchase immediately. Just don't double up on two add ons with a talk feature (not that there a much of that happening in the US).

If you know your 4 digit account pin # US Roaming can be purchased thru 611 or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number ( or your spouse can call). Add funds if necessary with the card on file. You might want to skip the talk and go for data and a voip app since the 3G network is almost finished in the US.

Screenshot_20210725-124020~2.png

HI @ben_wb   hopefully they resolve the problem in term to save an account  🙂

and are you in US now?  You were able to buy a roaming add-on earlier and trying to buy again? or first time buying for this trip and go into trouble already?

ben_wb

Got it. Thanks. Nothing about this dashboard is intuitive. Add login problems and the no self serve for roaming addons and I’m about done with this provider. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ben_wb...

do you have an active Roaming add-on currently ?

@ben_wb   it's not a good solution but we were suggesting that assuming you need the add-on urgently

Website issues happen with any providers, of course, in your case, it happens on the wrong time  🙂

If you are in no rush, try again in couple hours  with your other device and use Incognito mode 

ben_wb

Don’t this seem crazy? You have to go through customer service to purchase an addon and keep your service going? If this is the actual way it works, PM has lost me as a customer.

@ben_wb  I can login and can see all the Add-ons, so, it is an account specific problem and not system-wide

You are not trying to rebuy another Roaming addon you bought less than 10 days ago, right?

Can you wait or you need it urgently?

if you need it urgently, you can first top up enough money onto your My Account , then open a ticket with PM Support and ask them to purchase the add-on for you

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

ben_wb

Also not visible in the browser my partner is using at home in Victoria. Was before.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@ben_wb....

If you currently have an active US roaming add-on on your account...you can't get the same add-on until it has expired + 24 hours.

@ben_wb 

The above can be done (purchase the same roaming add-on within 24 hours of expiry), but you won't be able to do it within your Self Serve account.  You would would have to open a ticket andl ask a customer support agent to complete this. That can be done through https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html, and hopefully, a ciustomer support agent can get to you quicker than that 24 hour amount of time.

@ben_wb wrote:

Unlimited talk text 10 days no data. Also, that’s not visible on my Data/Addons tab. Very poor design.

Log in to your account / Account Status : Active / Plan Details...you will see the 10 Day Roaming add-ons located there, if you successfully purchased.

pm.jpg

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ben_wb....

If you currently have an active US roaming add-on on your account...you can't get the same add-on until it has expired + 24 hours.

@ben_wb 

Sorry, I misread your question earlier.  

with the roaming choices not shown, it likely a browser issue

So, the add-ons choices not there?  Try to use another browser (Edge/Chrome/Firefox) or try Incognito Mode or try on another computer. 

ben_wb

Unlimited talk text 10 days no data. Also, that’s not visible on my Data/Addons tab. Very poor design.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ben_wb  voice and text roaming won't show up there (as they are unlimited within the 10 days).  Only Data roaming will as it has a usage limit in that 10 days

Voice and text roaming can only be found in Plan details page  

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

what roaming addon you got?

[Update: misread the question]

Need Help? Let's chat.