cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No acces to internet

cinmobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I have been with Public Mobile for a few years, but since this month, I can't access Internet.

I have the most basic package, so I only have 250 Mo, which is enough for me.

Last month, I had more because of the Christmas special they gave, but I should be back at 250 Mo now.

So, it normally resets at the beginning of the month (not sure which date but would love to know which one), but this month, no matter what I do, I can't go on internet. My Data are On and it seems I still have plenty left since it says my usage is 10 Mo and I can see the pictures people send me by SMS, but that's it.

Thanks for your help.

10 REPLIES 10

cinmobile

Thanks!

cinmobile

Samsung, but thanks. I think I have my solutions with the other answers received.

cinmobile

Thanks, 

Will try next week to see if it works since the renewal date seems to have gradually moved until the middle of the month.

About what I said for the pictures sent by texto, when I don't have any data left, I am not able to see the pictures sent to me by texto. As soon as I do  have data, I can download and see them. Which is why it was strange to me because it seems I have no data left, but still enough to see pictures.

Thanks again

@cinmobile   Yes, PM is running on 30 days cycle and it confuse people a bit

You can try to install apps that can automatic keep track of 30 days cycle and you can easily check on your phone how much data you used.  Try these

Android:  Data Counter Widget, Data Witness PM

iOS: My Data Manager.

cinmobile

Thanks for your answer.

I tried the SIM and APN, but I think it's related to the fact that, with time, the renewal day move and so, it's not at the beginning of the month anymore. Will have to wait next week to confirm.

cinmobile

Thanks a lot.

Found the date and it seems that, indeed, with time, the date is moving. In my mind, it was at the begining of the month that it was supposed to reset, but now, it's in the middle. No date left it seems. So I'll wait and see if it works next week.

Regards

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cinmobile   First login to My Account and check if you see the line about 250 Mb at 3G speed  as advised by @Meow 

If you don't see such line.  Your data is all used up for the current cycle.   But on the same page, you can confirm if your next cycle is coming up soon.  You will see a line about your Amount due date , that is your next cycle start date

if you see the line 250Mb at 3G speed, then you still have data left for the current cycle, it would be a device issue.  Let us know if you have Android or iPhone and we can advise further

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @cinmobile 

maybe you use all data then is will be stop until next renewal cycle,

or try reset SIM, take out SIM, re-inserting SIM and power on,
try toggling airplane mode off/on,

try reset your APN Settings (publicmobile.ca)

try manually selecting network "3G only" or WCDMA only,
and Rebooting device..

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Reset of your data/call minutes occurs on renewal date which is different every month as billing period is 30 days and not fixed date of the month.

MMS will not use your data but DATA has to be on in order to receive/send such texts.

Meow_0-1644257758059.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this an iPhone on 15.4 beta?

Need Help? Let's chat.