cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

LeslieRan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - I'm a Public Mobile customer and I have no service.  My account is paid up by my husband, who is the main account holder.  My account # is 1000000xxxxxxxxx

His phone works, but mine says "no service".  

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

13 REPLIES 13

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Ahs 

Login to your account and check the Transaction History.

If you don't see any payment there corresponding to your plan cost, and there is no Available Funds either, your payment has not gone through.

Try making a manual payment (plan cost or a little extra) and check if there is a Reactivate button to click on.

If after that the account still shows suspended, try to Suspend then Resume service to reactivate the account (via Plan & Add-ons > Lost/Stolen Phone)

@Ahs   you said you paid already, do you see any Amount showing as Available Fund on you My Account?  If so, does that equal to the plan amount you paid?  If so, go to Manual pay and pay $1 more.  Then check if Reactivate current plan button is there and click on it.  Then logoff My Account and reboot your phone.

If Available Fund = $0, then you might not have paid anything yet. Try to pay your Plan Amount +$1 extra.  Then click Reactivate current plan, then logoff and reboot your phone.

Let us know how it goes

Ahs

I have been trying to contact staff member but no luck. Auto pay. Customer, credit card was expired, on line registered new CC and paid, but still no service. What to do?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LeslieRan wrote:

Hi - I'm a Public Mobile customer and I have no service.  My account is paid up by my husband, who is the main account holder.  My account # is 1000000xxxxxxxxx

@LeslieRan 

Just to make sure...check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LeslieRan 

You should can also double check that your sim card number matches what public mobile has in the system.  If not you should change password and contract PM ASAP.

To check, go on my account and click on the option "change sim" the last 4 number listed in the system should match your sim card.  In case your sim is defective, you can change it there as well.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What is the account status? Does it say 'Active'?

Yummy_0-1633274580350.png

If yes probably simple reboot (turn phone off/on or even Airplane mode on/off) might resolve this issue. If it is Not Active, then further analysis are required as suggested above (autopay failure, not sufficient funds, etc.)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LeslieRan wrote:

@LeslieRan  did you meant his phone works with his own SIM or it works when you put your SIM into his phone?  If you have not try that yet, put yours into his phone and see what is it showing.

Also, you have tried to login to My Account and check the account status as I mentioned earlier?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@LeslieRan wrote:

@LeslieRan 

If your account is not suspended, Have you tried your SIM card in your husband's phone?

If it doesn't work either, your SIM might be defective.

If it works, put it back in your phone and try these tips:

1. Restart Your Device.
  2. Toggle Airplane Mode. 
  3. Manually Select Network Operators.
  4. Reset Network Settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LeslieRan   

you might want to remove your personal info. This is an open forum and you don't want them posted here.  Simply go back to your post, click on the 3 dots and click Edit. 

So, when you login to My Account, can you confirm the status is Active?

If is is showing suspended, can you confirm when was the last successful payment date?  Was it over 30 days ago?

If so, maybe Autopay failed?  Try to manually pay the Plan amount and see if it goes through.   If still fails, try to pay Plan Amount +$1 extra

Once payment goes through successfully, click Reactivate current plan, then logoff My Account and reboot the phone. 

@Dunkman 

And here too please and thank you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LeslieRan 

Please edit out your sensitive info this is a public forum.

@Dunkman 

Your services are needed here and elsewhere! thx

Edit:

Can you log into your self serve account?

@LeslieRan you might want to remove your personal info. This is an open forum and you don't want them posted here.  Simply go back to your post, click on the 3 dots and click Edit. 

So, when you login to My Account, can you confirm the status is Active?

If is is showing suspended, can you confirm when was the last successful payment date?  Was it over 30 days ago?

If so, maybe Autopay failed?  Try to manually pay the Plan amount and see if it goes through.   If still fails, try to pay Plan Amount +$1 extra

Once payment goes through successfully, click Reactivate current plan, then logoff My Account and reboot the phone. 

LeslieRan

Hi Jade - I'm a Public Mobile customer, and my account is paid up, but I have no service.  How do I get service restored?

My account number is 

1000000xxxxxxxxx

Many thanks,

Leslie xxxxxx

Need Help? Let's chat.