cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SMS after activation

CodinIancu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my number successfully but I cannot send or receive SMS messages. Everything else works fine.

4 REPLIES 4

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ya you need to put in a ticket. The wait time is long 20 hours before my first response from them. If you want to speed thing up add your info to the ticket as it's the first question they ask. Should save you a day if you do. Name, email and number

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@CodinIancu   Contact Public Mobile support by submitting a ticket, use the chat icon bottom right of this page.  They have been able to fix at least some peoples' SMS problem.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile, where you get:

HALIMACS_0-1713482965253.png

In all seriousness though, can you imagine a mobile service provider who can't get texting right - this place really has gotta get it's act together, it's becoming quite a gong show compared to some recent improvements and polishes.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is dealing with issues when it comes to SMS on Android and iMessages and FaceTime and such. There is no ETA of when it will be resolved. Here is their announcement.

Hey Community,

We are aware that some of you are currently unable to successfully use iMessage and or FaceTime features,  and we understand how frustrating this can be. Our teams are working diligently to find the cause. 

In the meantime, please try troubleshoot steps:
Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will continue to keep you updated. 

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team

Keep an eye on this thread as they SHOULD update it when things are fixed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Open-Issue-Trouble-using-iMessage-amp-F...

Need Help? Let's chat.