cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PM and getting started

PeterGB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account is activated. I have been using my (Alzheimer's) partner's phone, and now have my own. Both have the same email address. Requested retaining my home phone number, but then changed my mind. Now I need PM to issue a new phone number. Logon security text messages for a 6-digit code go nowhere. No progress is being made, frustrating.

6 REPLIES 6

@CGO wrote:

self-account is the way for troubleshooting, or contact CSA.

Can you provide some specifics?  

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

self-account is the way for troubleshooting, or contact CSA.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@PeterGB 

It is not possible to have 2 account with the same email address.

That is why one of the 2FA is not going to one of the email.

Best to have the 2FA code sent by text to access your account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PeterGB 

1.  If your partner's mobile phone service provider is PM, you cannot use the same email address for your account.

2.  Is porting home phone number to your PM account completed? i.e. you can call out and receive incoming call using your PM account.

If yes, you will loss your home phone number after getting a new phone number over your home phone number.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@PeterGB I am slightly confused on your issue. You can't activate another line using the same email address. Is your partner also an existing user on Public Mobile? How long ago did you request to port in your home number? Did you receive a text message to authorize the port in request? If yes, did you reply to it? What's the current status of your home phone account? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@PeterGB 

I'm not quite sure how you managed to use the same email,address unless you used an email alias? That would be a fatal mistake and an email alias causes issues recieving verification codes and password resets. You will need to contact customer support both to assign you a new phone number (which you can change later in self serve) and have them add a new email address to your self serve account so you can log in.....the same email address blocks the ability for one account to login by only allowing one password to be used to login to one account. Contact customer support below....I suggest you read the spoiler in the linked post and send a private message.....SIMon the chatbot might run you in circles!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Need Help? Let's chat.