cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim shows sos only

Adoddbc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Started new service and transferred number. I accepted transfer from old provider with old SIM still in.  New sim wont connect showing SOS only.  I have reset network settings, rebooted, reseated SIM, waited 2 hours and more but no improvement

17 REPLIES 17

Adoddbc

Tech support finally solved the issue. We gave up on the SIM and tried another. It did not work at first either. We inadvertently had “do not disturb” set in the iPhone and this may have had adverse effect somewhere in the process but could not connect after disabling and power cycling.  In the wnd what worked was tech support activated the new sim, I installed it in a different phone, verified the sim with sms text and an outbound phone call. Then reinstalled it back in the original intended phone and it worked.  Seems like an odd process but it worked. Now just to get the original seemingly faulty sim replaced

Thank you all and tech support for assisting to resolve this issue.

Adoddbc

From CSA - “the reason why you don't have services is that I found an error on my end”

they will escalate to technical team … 48 hours

Thanks for the advice and help. It seems this is with the technical team now.

Sure sounds like a SIM / account provisioning issue @Adoddbc , as @softech first suggested. 

The CSA's will get back to you. 

If they DON'T within a few hours,  process another support ticket.

Adoddbc

I have tried this sim in another phone and it does not work there either. I tried the other phone pm sim in this phone and it did work.

Adoddbc

It says to wait two business hours.  What are the business hours? Could it be a monday to fridsy issue? Hope not

@Adoddbc 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Adoddbc

I received it in the mail. Ordered on the pm site.  Should be new i hope

@Adoddbc yes, the sim would have never been used or it won't be able to activate.   Since you can activate, it is good .  But just that the activation on the system wasn't completed properly, please open ticket with PM support as advised above

Adoddbc

How do i have it reprovisioned

@Adoddbc 

You need to be certain the SIM has never been used before.  They are not reusable once deactivated. ( i.e. used before by another customer)

Did you acquire it through this site or from TELUS, Koodo, or a Mobile Klinic location?

Adoddbc

This is a new SIM in iPhone  XS. I expect the SIM has never been used before

Can they reinitiate the port for you, @Adoddbc , making sure you supply Public Mobile with the correct account credentials of your prior service provider.

Account number seems to work best for this purpose.

Quite possible,  @softech 

Will know more if OP advises us wrt troubleshooting with other devices / and perhaps detailing phone specs. 

Adoddbc

Thank you. The call says there is no transfer request for the number. I dis co firm the transfer with old provider via text with old sim still in

@HALIMACS   as the sim is not even connecting (SOS), I don't think it is a porting issue at the moment.  Likely  sim card wasn't provisioned properly.  I just hope it is not an incompatible phone

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Adoddbc 

I will private message you the number to help with porting.

Hopefully you can use someone else's phone to call this number.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Adoddbc   do you have another phone to test the sim card to confirm it is not a device problem?

Also, the phone you have been putting the PM sim in , you used it before on another network?  which model and band is this phone?

it looks to me it could be a SIM provisioning issue, you can open ticket with PM Support using Chatbot and have them to reprovision the sim card once more

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.