cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New referral reward credit not received

DebS43
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a text notification on November 24 saying I had successfully referred a friend to Public Mobile but I have not received credit for that referral and there is no new referral name in my account info. Shouldn't that show up right after they sign up? My last account payment was on December 18 and did not include a reward for that latest referral.

9 REPLIES 9

DebS43

Then Public Mobile needs to be more careful about what they send out. It is confusing.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DebS43 if your code was used is relevant because Public sends those text messages by mistake. There are other threads discussing it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DebS43 wrote:

The notification text came from Public Mobile, not from a referral, so whether or not a code was entered is irrelevant. 

Not clear who you're replying to but that's how the referral works. Someone uses your referral code during their activation, you get a text from Public Mobile informing you of that, then you would see the extra dollar in your referral rewards area.

DebS43

The notification text came from Public Mobile, not from a referral, so whether or not a code was entered is irrelevant. 

@DebS43 wrote:

I said in my question that this new referral did not show up in my account. You asked if the new referral had been confirmed and had received their $10 for signing up. I never got a confirmation when my first referral signed up. All I got was notification that someone signed up but it didn't specify who or what their phone number was and then I received the $1 referral reward when my next bill came due. I only have one referral showing in my account. Why would I get a text that another referral had signed up? I have given my referral link to a few people so any one of them could have signed up.

There has been an issue where people have received false texts saying they have had a referral sign up when they didn't.  They have been working on it.  If you don't see the number in your self-serve there isn't a new referral it was an error.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

DebS43

I said in my question that this new referral did not show up in my account. You asked if the new referral had been confirmed and had received their $10 for signing up. I never got a confirmation when my first referral signed up. All I got was notification that someone signed up but it didn't specify who or what their phone number was and then I received the $1 referral reward when my next bill came due. I only have one referral showing in my account. Why would I get a text that another referral had signed up? I have given my referral link to a few people so any one of them could have signed up.

SP9090
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

is it confirmed that they entered the code during the first page of activation? some ppl forget it and think it's automatic!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DebS43 wrote:

I received a text notification on November 24 saying I had successfully referred a friend to Public Mobile but I have not received credit for that referral and there is no new referral name in my account info. Shouldn't that show up right after they sign up? My last account payment was on December 18 and did not include a reward for that latest referral.

There have been some issues with false texts going out saying that there were referrals when there really weren't any.  Do the amount listed in your self-serve match what you are getting a reward for?  If you did refer someone do you know their number to check it against what is listed in your self-serve?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@DebS43 

You should see the number usually immediately in your list of friends in the reward section.  There have been a system glitch with texts saying that you got a friend, but in reality, you did not receive any new referral.  Was it actually confirmed that you signed up  a friend and your friend got the $10 referral credit.

You should see your new friend's phone number like below:

Public mobile friend list picture.png

Need Help? Let's chat.