cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone old sim

paulwal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a public mobile account. I am getting a new (used) phone and wonder if I need to register it... can I just swap the sim card into the new phone? If not, what do I do to keep the same number etc?

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you do have issues, check to see if phone is blacklisted/locked

Rahulahuja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes just put the SIM card from the old phone to the new one and everything will be fine but make sure the new phone is not locked to any particular network and also the sim size should be the same as old phone.. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@paulwal 

As long as the phone is unlocked you can just switch the SIM card. You may have to go up or down a size in SIM card so you may need the frame from the tri cut SIM if you need the micro sized SIM card but that is unlikely since most phone's use the nano sized SIM card.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@paulwal 

Just take the sim out of your old phone and put it into your new phone and reboot. The phone must be unlocked.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@paulwal   Just swap it over!!

Are they the same size?  if your current SIM seems to be bigger, still no worry, see if there is a outer "frame"/spacer to remove to make it smaller.  The new phones usually need Nano SIM

SIM_Tricut2.png

Need Help? Let's chat.