Did you mean: 

New activation - I used referral link but no $10 referral

martik777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a text from PM but it says $0 for friend referral

21 REPLIES 21

@martik777 

Here's the math....

You activate and pay for the $50 plan. Within the first 30 days you will recieve: $10 referral credit + $4 (2×$2 autopay)=$14+$50 credit=$64 You schedule a plan change to the $25 plan on the next renewal. $64-$25=$39+$2(autopay)=$41-$25(2nd renewal/3rd month)=$16  $16+$2(a/p)=$18+$7(you add$$)=$25-$25 (3rd renewal/4th month)=$0 $57=4 months of service+8.5 of data for your first 30 days.

You activate and pay for the $25 plan. Within 30 days you recieve : $10+$4+$25=$39-$25=$14 for 2 months of service you add $9+$2(a/p)+$14=$25:-$25=$0 (3 months of service=$34) $0+$2(a/p) you add $23=$25-$25=$0 $25+$9×$23=$57 4 months and 1gb data each month

So yes in the end you pay the same amount but you get the extra data for your first 30 days of service ( and unlimited calling if you switch to the $15 plan) and you dont have to pay for your renewal til the 4th month (6th month for the $15 plan.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@martik777 wrote:

OK, you activate the $50 plan on Sept 10 and receive a credit for $50 between Sept 10 and Oct 10, and change  to the $15 plan before Oct 10. On Oct 10 you pay $50 for the original plan since it's not pro-rated. Net effect is 0 available funds

@martik777 

If you like your money, you would change to that $15 plan AT renewal...not before. And you can schedule it to change AT renewal before then.

What you're saying is an immediate plan change. Still...you would now be on the $15 plan with a new start date and $35 left in Available Funds (assuming no other rewards and credits and that you changed to it after the $50 credit came in).

@martik777  No, you would pay only plan that you have on October 10. Extra will stay in account.

No prorate means if you sign up for $50 plan and change next day, you don't get anything back and you have to pay $15 too. You still get $50 credit but you lose the $50 you paid at activation. This is prepaid service, not postpaid.

martik777

OK, you activate the $50 plan on Sept 10 and receive a credit for $50 between Sept 10 and Oct 10, and change  to the $15 plan before Oct 10. On Oct 10 you pay $50 for the original plan since it's not pro-rated. Net effect is 0 available funds

Anonymous
Not applicable

@martik777 wrote:

What if you don't get the $50 before the renewal? The only way you would come out ahead is if you rec'd the $50 credit early and changed to a lower plan assuming PM pro-rates your bill. 

I don't recall people saying they didn't get the credit before their renewal when they were properly eligible.

I've only ever heard of the credit appearing before the renewal. So that allows the timing of the scheduled plan change.

There is no pro-rating. There is the schedule plan change option. That will do the change during the renewal.

If people happened to not get it and said all the things indicating that should be eligible then Public Mobile will usually make good on it. So then it's a credit for the second and third renewal. It still works.

martik777

"You activate on a $50 plan. You get the $50 credit usually just before your first renewal. You schedule a plan change to a lesser cost plan. Your new plan renews. Now you still have the difference in your Available Funds. Make it easy...you drop down to the $25 plan. Your $50 pays for the new plan leaving you with $25 left. And that can go towards your plan cost for your second renewal. (or you can buy add-ons)."

What if you don't get the $50 before the renewal? The only way you would come out ahead is if you rec'd the $50 credit early and changed to a lower plan assuming PM pro-rates your bill. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Another way to look at it is that the new customer would have to speed more intititally. This can be an issue if that person isn't sure that the service will be satisfactory.

For a new customer coming from somewhere else or a new young customer without knowledge and history and experience sure.

I had been with Telus for like ever. My life changed and I was looking for less cost cell phone plans. Telus loyalty wouldn't do much. I really looked at Koodo. Then I learned about this place. Oh! Telus!? With those rates?! Sign me up.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I think that martik777 was quoting someone else and was trying to say that while you get a higher credit for a free 30 days promo if you activate on a higher priced plan, you would end up pay more inititally.  I'm not sure that's thew way to go either because if you get accustomed to using that amount of data, it'll be harder to use less in the future.

But if you know your actual usage then you'll use it and then the rest of the credit is "money in the bank". I think some people could even be hard pressed to figure out how to consume all that data. But the Available Funds are easy to figure out.

Another way to look at it is that the new customer would have to speed more intititally. This can be an issue if that person isn't sure that the service will be satisfactory.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

I think that martik777 was quoting someone else and was trying to say that while you get a higher credit for a free 30 days promo if you activate on a higher priced plan, you would end up pay more inititally.  I'm not sure that's thew way to go either because if you get accustomed to using that amount of data, it'll be harder to use less in the future.

But if you know your actual usage then you'll use it and then the rest of the credit is "money in the bank". I think some people could even be hard pressed to figure out how to consume all that data. But the Available Funds are easy to figure out.

@Anonymous wrote:

@martik777 wrote:

"It's common practice to activate on a higher priced plan and switch to a lower one ($15 or $25 plan) to maximize the credit."

But they cancel each other out so there is no advantage to choose a higher priced plan

Huh?

You activate on a $50 plan. You get the $50 credit usually just before your first renewal. You schedule a plan change to a lesser cost plan. Your new plan renews. Now you still have the difference in your Available Funds. Make it easy...you drop down to the $25 plan. Your $50 pays for the new plan leaving you with $25 left. And that can go towards your plan cost for your second renewal. (or you can buy add-ons).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@martik777 wrote:

"It's common practice to activate on a higher priced plan and switch to a lower one ($15 or $25 plan) to maximize the credit."

But they cancel each other out so there is no advantage to choose a higher priced plan

Huh?

You activate on a $50 plan. You get the $50 credit usually just before your first renewal. You schedule a plan change to a lesser cost plan. Your new plan renews. Now you still have the difference in your Available Funds. Make it easy...you drop down to the $25 plan. Your $50 pays for the new plan leaving you with $25 left. And that can go towards your plan cost for your second renewal. (or you can buy add-ons).

martik777

@martik777 

If you activate after hours  the "cha-ching! You've successfully referred a friend." Text your wife should recieve is delayed until the next day at noon et (9am pt) however the $1 reward will appear in her account almost instantly. If you look in the rewards section the last 4 digits of your phone number will appear beside it. The $10 bonus credit will be added to your account within 72 hours but generally within 24 hours.

If your wife was selected and sent a text offer from pm for a bonus referral credit of $20 if she refers someone by sept 23rd that bonus credit will be added by Sept 24th to her account.

The second month free promotion will add a credit equal to the plan you activated with to your account within 30 days and/or it will be credited to your account within 5 business days of the end of the promotion on September 11th. So you can expect to see it added to your account between Sept 16th and 18th (by next friday). Once added feel free to schedule a plan change on next renewal if a different plan serves you better. It's common practice to activate on a higher priced plan and switch to a lower one ($15 or $25 plan) to maximize the credit.

martik777

Will do, Thanks

len9

Hey martik777,

I also used a referral code today. Took roughly 12 hours to see the $10 credit. Maybe check in a few hours? 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@martik777 It says $0 for referral because you didn't refer anyone. The refer-a-friend reward is for you referring someone. The $10 will be placed into available funds. There's a text about the $10 credit but there's no welcome text saying $0 referral.  The only text that shows reward totals is during renewal.

martik777

Thanks!

@martik777  I never seen a text such as that sorry. Generally if the referral code is used. Or the link which basically just brings you to the activation page with the referral code already entered in the right section. It is applied manually by Public Mobile within 72 hours of activating.

If you log into your account, do you see the funds in your available balance?. If not you will have to contact the moderators.

Send them a message (with your wife's referral code) and say I was referred by this code. They will manually apply it to your account (the $10) and your wife's account will be adjusted to have a $1 referral reward per 30 days credited to her account at each renewal.

2 ways to contact moderators.

1- 

Simon.JPG

2- or via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As for your second 30 days free during the flash sale event. Has all terms been followed? Meaning you first entered your email address in the link of that promotion then proceeded to activate your sim card? 

If all that has been followed as per the terms and conditions of the promotion. The credit for next 30 day payment will be applied to your account within 30 business days but before your next renewal. The promotion is still ongoing. People that entered their email during the promotion have till September 11th to activate a sim card. So I'd expect that the account credits for the second month will start being applied to accounts after the deal has ended on the 11th. I am still waiting for an account to be credited with that promotion as well but it will likely only be applied after the deal ends on the 11th as it did in past promotions like this one.

martik777

No, I used my wife's referral code link for my new activation

When I got the welcome text from PM it says "$0 friend referral" (as if they did not get the code)

I also, signed up ~ Aug 28 for the free month promo but no mention of that either

Thanks

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

On a side note. Your post is a bit confusing. The subject says you used a referral link for $10. The signup bonus for being referred.

Your post then says got a text from PM $0 For friend referral. That part I read it as you're saying you referred someone?

So just to clarify to ensure you get the right details.

The person that is referred and signs up with a referral code or link gets $10 credited to their account within 72 hours or activating the sim card.

The person that did the referring. Gets $1 referral credit every 30 days off their plan. This shiws in your log into your account under the rewards section. As long as the person that was referred stays a member with an account in good standing you will continue to get a $1 reward per 30 days.

I hope this clarifies things for you!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Within 72 hours from activating the $10 signup bonus will be applied to your account.

In the meantime ensure everything works. Text/calls in and out, data.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.