cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM only recieving certain calls and texts.

jennakubs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched to public mobile a month ago, and I have been having SIM card issues since. (Note that I have tried getting a different SIM card and had the same issues with the second one too).

I am able to get calls from certain people, but from other people it sends them straight to my voicemail. Their numbers are not blocked, and I am not on do not disturb.

I am also able to get texts from certain people, but then not others. Again, their numbers are not blocked. And these people are different people than the ones I can't receive calls from. (eg. my mom can text me, but her calls are sent to my voicemail, but then my sister can both call and text me, while my boss can't call or text me)

Public Mobile SIM cards are compatible to my phone type, which is a Samsung Galaxy S8.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share. I am at a bit of a loss with what to do.

9 REPLIES 9

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@jennakubs When you don't receive calls or text, how is the network signal on your phone? Can the same people then reach you fine if you are somewhere else in the city? Some of the people that can't call you are on Telus/Koodo? Did they try reaching you from close by your location? 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You cannot have two SIMs for the same account. Do you have 2 PM accounts?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jennakubs  - 

For callers going to voicemail, check to see if you have your phone settings selected to allow incoming calls from your CONTACT list ONLY.

For texts, that are random...do you happen to have your Chat Features option ON?

IF so, I would recommend turning this option OFF. These send/receive nicely in wifi areas, but not out of wifi areas so nice (unless you keep your data on).

Turn chat features off
  1. On your device, open Messages .
  2. At the top right, tap More. Settings.
  3. Tap Chat features.
  4. Toggle "Enable chat features" off.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jennakubs  Galaxy S8 should have no issue on PM and you tried different devices,  so it should be network 

which province and city you are at? 

it could also be just network upgrade in your area (5G upgrade) and caused the  temporary issue.

try changing your network to 3G Only or WCDMA only for couple days and see if it helps.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jennakubs 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

pepsi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh.. I recommend contacting a cs agent

pepsi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there, Jennakubs. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your sim card. Have you attempted to contact a customer service representative? If not, I'll give you a tip: when I was using Fido, I had the same problem. What I did was put my sim in another phone and let someone call me; if it worked, I placed it in my own phone and tested it. I know this isn't going to assist you, but I tried!

jennakubs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also note that I have tried both SIM cards in 2 different phones, and I have the same issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.