cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM/New Tel#: can not receive calls (goes to voicemail); can not receive texts either

limestonewall2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New to public mobile.  Just installed a NEW SIM, and got a NEW phone number.  I can call out and can send texts but CAN NOT receive calls and they go straight to voicemail, and can not receive texts, although i can send them out.  

PLEASE HELP. thank you 

11 REPLIES 11

sunnyrose

@limestonewall2 wrote:

We have already turned off and turned back on many times - does not work.  Also did a reset of the Network settings.  How do i get my calls not going straight to voicemail.  I can call out and I can send texts which are received by others; just can not receive incoming calls or incoming texts. 

If you just port in a number, it means the number porting failed. Need do it again please. 

@limestonewall2 

Did you turn off the screen, restart or power off?

You need to power off the iPhone by holding down the power button and volume button at the same time and slide to the right to power off.

@limestonewall2 put it back on iPhone and it might work now. 

if still fails, make sure Carrier profile is updated

Amd try Reset All Neteork (please note this will delete all your saved Wifi , but you just need to join them back)

limestonewall2

Ok Just tried what you suggested and put the SIM in another phone12 and it worked!  So what setting do i have on my iphone 7 that might be causing this?

limestonewall2

what do you mean by "reset" the SIM card?  Do you  mean reset and if so, how do i do that?

limestonewall2

But why would i get some of the service (e.g. I can call out and text out successfully) but not receive the incoming calls and texts.  WOuld a faulty one work at all ?? or is this another issue.   

limestonewall2

Already logged in and activated the account, and plugged in the SIM card number etc.  As i say it does say on my iphone PUBLIC MOBILE at the top lefthand corner and i can call out successfully and send texts successfully but not receive them.  

limestonewall2

We have already turned off and turned back on many times - does not work.  Also did a reset of the Network settings.  How do i get my calls not going straight to voicemail.  I can call out and I can send texts which are received by others; just can not receive incoming calls or incoming texts. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@limestonewall2 try reseat the sim card 

or try the sim card on another phone just to test

@Handy1- How would he call out and send texts?

@limestonewall2- Maybe a simple full power off restart might do the trick.

Adding - I'll back off from the texts bit. Maybe he's using an iphone on wifi and is calling the imessage instant messages, texts.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@limestonewall2 @Did you activate the sim and create a account or just stick SIM card in your phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.