cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rewards system - and "Total Plan Costs"

cristian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings,

I was just about to post about what seemed like a forced conversion to the new rewards/points based system, received an email on Jan 24th regarding me joining the new rewards system ("Congrats, you just earned 5 bonus Public Points") - because I never did opt-in, or agreed or even clicked on any link whatsoever.

After going through some posts I do understand that the email has been sent in error. Fine. I also read it is safe to access the section called "My Rewards" and use the same login on the telus site, done that, and happy to see that my rewards are been listed with a Dollar amount, perfect. 

I am on the 90 day plan for $120 which is listed as such in the Public Mobile site. 

public_mobile.png

On the Rewards Site, the dollar amount looks fine for the rewards such as "Auto Pay", "Loyalty Pays", "Refer-a-friend" however at the bottom, the "Total Plan Costs" show $180 whereas my plan is $120. 

rewards.png

Any idea about what is going on here?

Thanks,

Cristian

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cristian 

If you look at your transaction history you should see the bundle discounts associated with your plan. I see you are on a grandfathered plan with full speed 4G LTE. The faster data speed is very valuable to some members. I am fortunate enough to have two accounts....one with full speed 4G LTE and the other with 4G LTE throttled to 3mbps. I personally find there is little difference between the two. Perhaps you may want to consider any of the in market plans on offer albeit with throttled 4G LTE data. There are savings to be had with the $25/1gb plan ($15 cheaper per 30 days) or a lot more data with the $40/5gb plan. Food for thought....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That must be an error in total cost and after rewards cost. IF a plan is $120 then payable cant be $180. 

If it was discounted for so many months then also the plan should be $180 and discount of $60 will be added to the reward section.

Contact support to get this sorted out both @cristian and @esjliv 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cristian , I am on the same plan and see the same result.  IIRC, before the this recent change to how rewards are accessed the calculation was wrong just like what you see now.  The bundle discount doesn't seem to properly factor into the renewal cost estimate.  Fortunately the renewal has never erred.  I would not worry.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cristian 

It doesn’t seem to add up so I would suggest to have a CS_Agent look into it for you with a break down of the fees.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@cristian 

If this was my account, I would contact a CSA via the chatbot in the lower right hand corner. I would not want any unexpected surprises on renewal day.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541  - oh, strange they don't list it that way.

But you will know soon enough when your plan renews in a few days @cristian .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cristian : With the new system, I wonder if this is a recurrence of a bug that happened a while ago with the old 90 day plans where it showed a larger number.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cristian -

Well, that is odd. I just checked mine and it matches what is says under the Available Funds area back in your My Account under "Payment for next cycle"?

What does is say under your Available Funds area back in your My Account under "Payment for next cycle"?

Many of these plans were advertised as giving a discount if more than one of talk, text, and data were added to a plan.  That $180 is likely the number before that multi-choice discount.  

Need Help? Let's chat.