cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone number not updating in eSIM

Moosey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I just used the ‘change phone number’ in the PM app and got myself a new number that I like. However my eSIM is not updating to my new number. How can I get this updates? 

11 REPLIES 11

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just maybe - since you have an account -- you need to transfer from the old e-sim  shown on your account page to the new e-sim.

Moosey

I tried this and still no luck. I deleted the eSIM and bought a new one. This time, it would not activate. 

Wayworn

In addition to what others have suggested. Completely power off your phone and wait at least 2 minutes before powering back on. Just maybe that will work - let us know. 

Moosey

I’ll try this, thank you very much! 

Moosey

No it doesn’t 😕

HI @Moosey 

Try Reset network settings first

if same, ask support agent to check and confirm, maybe they need to refresh the account on the system

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you said it shows old number ,but when someone call the new number, does your phone ring?

Moosey

rebooted the phone and the eSIM still shows the old number. I am using my cloud email so iMessage isn’t affected with the number charge. 

Moosey

Nothing is working after switching to the new number. I did restart my phone but it didn’t help. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Moosey 

reboot the phone

and if you are using iPhone and you meant you see the wrong number on iMessage, then remove it from iMessage settings, reboot the phone and add it back after

eddieO

@Moosey, just to confirm were your services all working, calls in/out, text in/out, data? Did you try restarting your phone after requesting the new number?

Need Help? Let's chat.