cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Number No Talk service, LTE works

tk11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my SIM card this morning on the $120, 90 day plan.  Right now I cannot make or receive any calls, but LTE internet is working without issues.

Any ideas what is going on here?  My APN settings have both text and data setup by default.

7 REPLIES 7

Have look in your APN settings; delete all but Public Mobile. If unable to delete, ensure only Public Mobile has the Type as "default", or "default,mms". Reboot and check again.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tk11

Ok great this looks to have solved the problem:

from @raymond00

Just came up with a solution to my problem.
I had set my network preference to LTE earlier today via the *#2263# code. I just switched it back to Automatic and I am still able to get LTE and now I can make and receive phone calls.
I'm on a Samsung Note 4. Hope that helps someone.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Can-t-make-or-receive-calls/m-p/83549#...

tk11

Thanks, but hopefully I don't have to perform a factory reset.

tk11

This is a new number.  I am using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (WIND Model).  In Network Mode, my only options are WCDMA/GSM (auto connect), WCDMA only, GSM only.

How could I have LTE with calling?  Thanks.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @tk11!

Welcome to PM!

I am fairly sure its because your phone is in LTE only mode.

Are you using an Android device?  Which phone are you using?  You need 3g/H+ enabled along with LTE in order to make calls as there is no VoLTE yet.  

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your number or new number?

Need Help? Let's chat.