cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation - Need to transfer number from Koodo

boogeyman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello fine folks,

I've been able to set up a new number on my new phone, but would like to transfer my recently deactivated old phone number. I'm not able to do it here because access is required to the old number.

Since I cannot receive texts or calls to complete the transfer, how do I go about transferring it please?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

boogeyman

I think it's only been suspended for now.  I'm sure if he paid the outstanding bill, they would restore it.

boogeyman

Thank you. The old account is a Koodo postpaid.

I'll send a message to CS.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@boogeyman  Personally I’d start by getting In touch with Koodo and if number isn’t already re assigned to someone get new SIM card with Koodo with old number if still available and then port it to PM 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You crossed to a different thread.

The sending account has to be active. This is the case for all providers. There is some leeway if porting between sister brands like going from Telus to Public. I don't know if the other Big 3 do this with their sister brands.

Adding - oh, I see the subject line.

while I'm here...you say deactivated. Do you mean fully closed and dead? Or just suspended?

lol and I see the other thread was yours too. nevermind me. Move along 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@boogeyman  If your old account is deactivated there no guarantee to get old number back but if it was a Telus Koodo number to start there a chance you would have to ask support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.