cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account - Ported Number, Can't connect to the network.

Alan_Roberts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Everyone,

Just started with PM.  I registered a SIM and chose my plan and a phone number.  After it was set up.  I ported my old number from Koodo.  Koodo sent me a text message asking for confirmation. However I didn't see this until very close to the 90min window - after I had swapped my SIM.  So I quickly swapped it back.  Texted "yes" and thought that would fix things.  Shortly after I got the cancellation notice from Koodo.  Since this is attached to the port request.  I assume the whole thing went through.

However right now nothing is working:

In my profile on Public Mobile it shows my ported number as my phone number.

On my phone "About Phone" it shows the first number public mobile gave me.

My phone can see the network but can never connect -- it constantly attempts to re-connect.  If I attempt to call someone it just hangs up.  No data either.
So I assume the port didn't go through.  What do I do now?

have a Samsung Note 8

4 REPLIES 4

Tawny
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alan_Roberts 

Just checking that you restarted your phone after putting in the Public Mobile SIM card?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

there is a phone number you can call to reinitiate the port searching telus porting number or something similar should get you to it.  or more than likely you will already have a private message from a community member with teh number to call.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Alan_Roberts 

You have another phone to test the sim?

could be a sim card setup issue with the system 

please open ticket with CS agent  and ask them to check

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alan_Roberts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh and I double checked the SIM #.  The one in my profile matches the one printed on the card.

Need Help? Let's chat.