cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 3G Plans in Self Serve Account

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Hey Community, not sure if someone has already posted about this but PM is offering two new (sorta) 3G plans in self serve for $30/3GB and $35/4.5GB.   I didn't log in yesterday, so not sure if they were there then too or not.

dabr_0-1670543687634.png

dabr_1-1670543735480.png

Updated to add that these new plans and prices appear on the Plans page now unlike the 4G $40/45/55 plans.  The self serve account also shows the old $35/3GB plan but not on the Plans page.  Update 2:  forgot to update earlier that the old $35/3GB was removed from self serve account.

24 REPLIES 24

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Thank you for clarifying.....Unfortunately the social area has been decimated and the support area is cluttered without an obvious way to navigate with filters nearly hidden at the bottom of the page....not that I ever think to use them. I think the boards could have been consolidated rather than having one huge jumble of posted threads asking the same question over and over again. That has contributed to the rise in total solutions each month but are they deserved?

Top 5 Solutions :

1. Contact customer support. Here's how....
  2. Log in using secret/incognito/private mode.
  3. Clear your browser cache.
  4. Did you reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text)? And/or I will private message you the porting department phone # ?
  5. After using #2 and/or #3 check if you have any minutes or data left in your plan?

@dabr 

If pm properly announced and pinned to the landing page all of the latest promos and plans many of these repetitive questions would be answered without creating a new thread or without even posting a question? Maybe we can hope for another community redesign that involves more community input so we don't end up with a less functional forum....or for that matter self serve account that I hate even more than the community's redesign?

1. Log into your account after using #2 and #3 and check if you have any minutes or data left.

@darlicious wrote:

I wonder if the oracles who lobbied pm to create a support only focused community are happy with what their efforts created? I find the community exceedingly repetitious, unexciting and much less informative. Brevity, camaraderie and any socialization is quickly stifled and abyssed. Reading old threads shows the stark difference between a lively, engaged and diverse community and what we have now....even public mobile can't be bothered to contribute or communicate many of the changes in plans, promos, features etc.....to their own customers let alone potential new customers. A captainless ship perhaps? That doesn't usually end well....

For the portion in bold, for me personally it was asked to have a support area and a social area.  They are both a part of the same community.  So I didn't lobby for a support only community, it was for distinct areas  in the community.  I think people are becoming burnt out.  In another community I admin on we are dealing with similar issues.  People have spent so much time in online communities over the last couple of years that  nothing is as it was.  Personally my work has kept my time to be very limited here for the last couple of months and it is refreshing actually.  I am still in daily checking on things but have been posting much less and only if there is something I can add or something needs to be corrected.  I am hoping to get more involved again when work life settles.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious   Yep, don't understand PM's lack of notice (announcements) about new plans, not sure what the reason would be as many customers probably rarely login to their accounts unless to change/update their payment card and hence would be unaware of these new offerings unless they come to read community posts which also get quickly buried.

Have to agree 100% prefer the older community format where new threads/posts were easily visible without having to apply any filters or use old links and it was also just way more efficient and user friendly (not perfect) in not having to do endless scrolling.   In fact, I think I actively dislike this new community format.   Anyway, it's unlikely that PM management really cares enough to do anything about.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Thanks for posting about these plans. They must have been added a few hours after I last scrolled thru the plans in self serve. I actually found out about them via RFD and it took quite a bit of scrolling to find your thread along with 2 others that had questions about the poor messaging referring to points earning. There was certainly nothing about then in pm's announcement thread....it's like a secret society around here?🖖🫱🫲🫰🤟🤙🤜🤛👍👉👈👋!!

I don't understand this new habit of public mobile introducing new plans or promotions either with no announcement at all or an announcement solely in the announcements board without pinning it to the landing page. While a few customers may use the filter for latest posts it simply never occurs to me to do so....it's one of the features of the old community forum I miss the most along with threads with recent replies being bumped to the top of their respective board. Impossible now.....and it's killed the lounge. Coupled with inability to search for threads in the lounge almost every lounge thread is truly abyssed or abysmal now....? Moved there or posted there.....?

I wonder if the oracles who lobbied pm to create a support only focused community are happy with what their efforts created? I find the community exceedingly repetitious, unexciting and much less informative. Brevity, camaraderie and any socialization is quickly stifled and abyssed. Reading old threads shows the stark difference between a lively, engaged and diverse community and what we have now....even public mobile can't be bothered to contribute or communicate many of the changes in plans, promos, features etc.....to their own customers let alone potential new customers. A captainless ship perhaps? That doesn't usually end well....

Anyways to get back to my point....I've been hanging on to the Quebec promo on a mostly suspended account for far too long and I was planning on upgrading it to the promotional $35/20gb plan but with the introduction of these favourable new "3G" plans that are long overdue and do somewhat conform to the CRTC's request that mobile providers offer more innovative plans that suite the needs of their customers not the other way around?

Still as we edge closer and closer to the CRTC's review and hearings in the spring on the WCC, CCTS and the implementation of the federal government's new policy directive for the CRTC one has to wonder if this is just Robelus pandering to appease regulators so that they continue their historical practice of forbearance within the telecommunications industry? Nearly all mobile providers continue to co-ordinate marketing and ignore their blatant shutout of low usage/emergency plans and tbe significant portion of the population that require these kind of plans. Instead providers continue their concentrated effort to migrate customers to more expensive plans by dangling the data bucket golden carrot (or carat?!! 🪙or🥕=💰)

This has made my decision to change plans much easier.....I'm going to reactivate on the $15 plan. Less not more. And yes there's spite involved. I hope the $3 was worth it Mr. Entwistle? You made an extra $6 ($3×2 months) off me before I returned to free and now you will recieve $15 less per 30 days (minimum 3×$15=$45/360 days). Nickel and diming can go both ways and I'm laughing all the way to my piggy bank! 🐖😄

@J_PM 

Hmmmm......🤔

@mitchnet12    What you're seeing are the two newer plans and I misread the other thread you referenced.  Yeah, hopefully PM will offers for those on plans $25 and less.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I still see two 3G plans, $30 3GB, and $35 4.5GB plans available in self-serve for my account at the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing what might be next.

@dabr 

yes, I see on 3G plans sections:

$25 - old one

$30 with 3GB

$35 with 4.5GB

@softech    I just logged in again and only see the two newer plans/prices in addition to $25 plan?  Also, I always use incognito mode, so maybe you're seeing older info?  😊

edit:  the $30 plan is the newer one with 3GB data, maybe that's what you see?

@dabr   You forgot the Incognito mode  🙂

I just checked, still see the $30 and the new $35/4.5GB  plans there on my My Account,

@mitchnet12   Yes, I actually did tag that user in their thread as the screenshot they had posted showed the $35/3GB plan change being considered.  Yesterday that plan, along with the two newer ones, were all available when I checked but has been removed from available plans in self serve today.

edit:  just re-read the other thread and OP there had the correct plan change in mind.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tzliu     Have you scheduled the change then?  Since you are a light user of data it might be a good idea since PM has been introducing plans without notice and can also remove them without prior announcement.

tzliu

@dabr  As a light data user (mostly on WIFI), $10 savings (1/4 of the current 4G plan) for the "inconvenience" of lower speed is very very attempting. 

mitchnet12

@kellyrichard  was asking about switching to the new $30 plan a few posts back.

It's interesting to see how marginal the cost difference is between the plans. I agree that the $25 pricing needs to be reviewed.

@dabr wrote:

@hTideGnow    I'm not completely certain if it was 3GB or 2GB offered for $30 a couple of years ago.

Edit:  I like your suggested plans/prices. 👍

It was $30/2GB as a limited time offer.  Previous to that, I think there was an RBC deal for $35/3GB or something like that.  

@dabr wrote:

@will13am   Could be a competitve response, but seems like PM has added these plans to the Plans page, so maybe a more permanent offer for now.

@tzliu   Makes sense to save money if the data is just being wasted.  You might miss the 4G speed perhaps.

This plan could be as permanent as tomorrow depending on whether the competition pulls it or not.  Right now only 2 of 3 brands offer it.  

@hTideGnow    I'm not completely certain if it was 3GB or 2GB offered for $30 a couple of years ago.

Edit:  I like your suggested plans/prices. 👍

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, Chat has pretty much the same lineup (with Autopay)

Lucky is still behind, they don't have the $30 plan but they have the same $35 plan

I am surprise PM is giving it all without Autopay (but they are smart, they put the credit card to Pre-auth by default and make it hard to remove, kind of forcing you with Autopay)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@will13am   Could be a competitve response, but seems like PM has added these plans to the Plans page, so maybe a more permanent offer for now.

@tzliu   Makes sense to save money if the data is just being wasted.  You might miss the 4G speed perhaps.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dabr 

it's nice they bring the $30 plan back (they had it before right?).  There have been demand for something between $25 and $35 plan.  Also, nice to see $35 plan get a bit more data now

Would be perfect if they bring up $25 with 2GB and $15 with 500Mb or 1GB.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Interesting, thanks for this OP. I don't check the plans page when I log into my account so I wouldn't know about these new plans. Too bad they are not that great...

I wonder if PM will release 360 day plans like Koodo prepaid did a few months ago. (I also found out about these just recently lol)

tzliu

@dabr   $30/3GB is attempting and may downgrade from $40/15GB (data is being wasted)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This one is very new.  I lost track of what was happening at the competition, so not sure if this was a competitive response or a pioneer move.  Anyway Chatr does have a $30/3GB option.  

@HALIMACS   The 4G offers are all still available too.  I'll admit to being surprised and impressed with PM's discounted prices for more data this year.  Alas, still waiting for something in the $20 price range, but the $30/3GB is pretty good with rewards discounts.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Good catch @dabr 

I'm guessing the $30.00 for 3GB might catch on with some... as far as the $35, I'm guessing PM would like if that catches on for others.

The 'sale price' on the 4G plans were very good when they lasted.    I'm sure Boxing and New Years will bring em out again in some fashion, but likely only for new activations....

Need Help? Let's chat.