cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 20 GB $55 plan on PM.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

4G speeds! Pretty good for Public Mobile customers! $55 20 GB. Advertised as a student plan but is open to everyone. Tempted! 

14 REPLIES 14

@LeePublic- lol duh...you could change to it anyway if you like. I think I was thinking of the 3x points. nvm.

LeePublic

I am on the old rewards program, this plan would cost the same as the Virgin BYOD plan I had 5+ years ago ($48 6 GB) with PM rewards but I'd get almost 4x the data.

@LeePublic- You could get it, use it for 30 days, let it suspend for 90 days and pay for it again. Then when your promo data ends, port out and then back in to this new account. Unless you're on rewards on the current account. If so then drop the current one down to $15 and call the new one your data account.

LeePublic

This plan is super tempting! I think of the possibilities of having 20 GB. (Streaming Crave, music, uploading TikTok videos, quick livestreams on the go.) I think I may go for it despite it costing me $20 per month more. Only thing I'll lose is the 2GBBONUS promo data.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Definitely a good deal relatively speaking, but I don't think I would need all that data. I have 5GB with the bonus right now and I hardly even come close to going through that at all, if not for covid and working from home where I used data a lot more than would definitely jump on that.

shinchu99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@DDM69 you can change it on your self serve in my account change plan option iether renewal next cycle date or change it now, and still there grab it while it can before it change. Cheers

@DDM69- It's just the 3x points part that needs a new activation. The plan itself is available to all.

@DDM69 wrote:

Thanks for sharing this.  Are you sure it's available to existing customers?  Do you have to be switched over to the points system by taking this plan?  2022-08-17 18_45_05-20GB data at 4G Speed.png

The $55 20GB plan is available to anyone.  Switching to this plan does not require the cucstomer to change to points.  As for the 3x points promotion, that is only for new account activations.

DDM69

Thanks for sharing this.  Are you sure it's available to existing customers?  Do you have to be switched over to the points system by taking this plan?  2022-08-17 18_45_05-20GB data at 4G Speed.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

$55 for 20GB student Plan is a good offer with the bonus points for 12 months. 

Do you know any non-student activation with this plan?

After switching to the points rewards system for the new activations, PM may not get as many activations which they are expected.  The bonus points for 1 year makes the cost for the first year lower.

Details:

Offer current as of July 13, 2022. Offer available to new customers who activate at Public Mobile. Offer provides 15% points-back for 12 months on eligible purchases on your plan or add-ons. Offer subject to change, and may be removed at any time. 15% points-back applies only to customer spend on plan renewals and add-ons, and is not applicable to any other method of earning points (such as welcome present points, give back points, refer-a-friend, anniversary, etc.). Offer is applied as a 10% points-back bonus on top of the current in-market points-back offer of 5%. After the 12-month period, the 15% offer will be removed, and customer will revert to the in-market points-back offer, which is currently 5%.

If one doesn't need 20GB/30days, why pay more to get something which is not going to use fully.

But I like to see the trend of data cost is going down.

- My family members were on the Rogers 250MB data plan over 10 years ago.

- Then, came the Cityfone/Zoomer 9 years ago, $36 4GB data plan,  Now the same $36 plan gets 6GB data.

- 4 years ago, PM offered the $120 12GB 90 days LTE plan.  Lots of Zoomer customers switched to PM 12GB 90 days plan because of the flexibility of using 12GB data within the 90 days billing cycle with no long term contract. 

@LeePublic wrote:

4G speeds! Pretty good for Public Mobile customers! $55 20 GB. Advertised as a student plan but is open to everyone. Tempted! 

Telus knows that it looks odd when Kodoo Mobie has better plans than Public Mobile when Public Mobile is marketed as the budget brand.  As for it being  student plan, Public Mobile wouldn't  have any way to enforce such a eligibility requirement without needing to make substantial changes to the activation system.

shinchu99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Koodo use to have it on black monday sale $55-20gb last Year but this time Public Mobile offering this same plan for Everyone even include students its an Win-win. but i wish they can do it for $50-20gb but overall $55-20gb still an good plan. any carrier they have is like $60-20gb with phone or BYPO

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LeePublic   Yep, that is a good price for 20GB data and nice that they're making it available to current customers too. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@LeePublic yea finally a plan that sounds interesting 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.