cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never this bad

cougartoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife and I both have phones using PM.  PM will only let you put one phone on an account. We both set up accounts. I sign into mine to do what I need and sign out. She goes to sign in and it keep putting my name in the user name. and it saves my password so even when she changes the user name it won't log in because it either defaults to my user name or to my password, after being unable to log in, I tried to change her password by putting her name in the user name box and clicking on the reset password box. I eneter a new password and it changed mine now I can't log in and it tells me we are both locked out because of too many attempts. This is very similar to logging into a nitendo 40 years ago

12 REPLIES 12

cougartoon

someone so helpful send me a link to verify identity and we were traveling and the link expired, another safetey feature that bites me in the ..........

cougartoon

I do like the cost of PM, however I am sure that blood pressure is up 10-20%,  log in is terrible, changing passwords is non existant, logging in  "incognito" LOL, remember some of us are seniors, some are even more senior and some are also blonde,  why all the pressure and trouble, If I am in my account already logged in and want to come over here to community,  Guess what,  LOG IN AGAIN, changed the wife password 4 times, NO, not the right password, well guess what it is the right password. Maybe the techy guys can quit answering questions and find a program or app that really works, I estimate I can stay with this another year maybe and will have to find something easier and costlier.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cougartoon 

Or use your phone to log in?

@cougartoon wrote:

Because my wife cant log in to Public Mobile till she goes out and buys another computer.

@cougartoon   haha.. no, you don't need to buy another computer 🤣

did you try to use Incognito mode to login?  It could be called Private or InPrivate in other browsers.  Just always login to Incognito mode and it will work

Let us know the browser you are using and we can advise how to launch Incognito mode

@cougartoon wrote:

Because my wife cant log in to Public Mobile till she goes out and buys another computer.

@cougartoon - your wife should not need to buy another computer.

Your computer is remembering usernames and passwords in its cached information. So clearing these, or opening a tab in incognito mode to log into different accounts, back to back, should fix your issue.

Opening up a tab in incognito mode:

*Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.

*Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n.

Edit, also just thought...has your wife EVER been able to log into her My Account (previously self serve)?

If these public mobile accounts were activated in-store, it is possible both online accounts may not have been registered for account set ups.

If My Account has never been set up with one of your accounts, only CSA can set one up for you now.

You can submit a ticket here to: Create or forgot My Account email or password link

cougartoon

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So, how's this Public Mobile problem? (I'm not following)

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

NEVER use browser 'save id/password' ability. You are just asking for trouble.

Better use password manager - 3rd party software.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you using your own separate devices to log in?  Using the same device to login could cause these issues. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cougartoon   That would be caching issue and your wife is better off trying to login with another browser or you need to clear cookies/cache after your session and I'd also close out and restart the browser.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cougartoon - try using a different browser for each of your logins. So you use Chrome and she uses Microsoft Edge, or something like that. It should help.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cougartoon   the site has browser cache problem.  this is especially bad if you need to login for different accounts

Please always use  Incognito mode to access My Account and that should fix the issue

Need Help? Let's chat.