cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never had data for over 2 years?

lorvar1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I never had the need for data until recently (I drive now) and noticed that my 500mb from my original data plan was never working for 2 years. I upgraded to 3gb a few days ago and my phone still can't connect to 4G for internet outside. It shows the 4G icon. I've updated the APN, but still no change.

13 REPLIES 13

@lorvar1 wrote:

I rechecked, all is good. I tried switching the sim to another phone (LG) and it works. So not sure why this isn't working on my phone.

HI @lorvar1   I found Umidigi users have quite a lot of trouble with the APN.  The phone is a bit picky, a minor mistake here and there could screw up the connection.

Have you try network reset yet

Or also try to do a Factory Reset if possible.

Please post screenshot if possible, we can try to help

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lorvar1 

Reboot the phone and reset the network to the default settings. Then tap the "+" sign to edit the APN then save once done.Try this one it works on other Umidigi phones but others could work as well with subtle differences.

Name

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lorvar1  good test to try your SIM into another phone to see if data works.

So no issue with your account or SIM card, that's good.

And the network reset on the Umidigi didn't help, Or checking your APN settings didn't help?

Is your Umidigi updated to the latest software?

I suppose you could try a Factory Reset, but I usually dislike suggesting this as backups and safeguards to not lose certain data need to be done prior to do so.

Can you try another provider's SIM card into your Umidigi that has a data plan to see if it works? It may be interesting to see if another provider's data plan would work in your phone?

lorvar1

I rechecked, all is good. I tried switching the sim to another phone (LG) and it works. So not sure why this isn't working on my phone.

HI @lorvar1   Check space and case of the letter.  Sometimes an extra space at the end or in between could be the reason

lorvar1

I'll have to screenshot later. I tried the same one my wife has on her phone though.

HI @lorvar1  You can update your APN and save without issue?

Make sure your OS is updated to the latest one

And an you send us screenshot of your APN on your device?

lorvar1

First phone was a Huawei P30, which my wife also has. Now I have a Umidigi Bison Pro.

lorvar1

Yes, reset networks as instructed, reconfigured APN, etc. I checked numerous browsers and youtube.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

And of course you've turned on mobile data. Do any other apps work? Maybe the browser isn't set up to use mobile data.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you check if your cellular data is turned on?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @lorvar1   What kind of phone  (make and model ) is that?

You can first start with a Network reset and see if it works.  

Need Help? Let's chat.