cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to contact a moderator to open ticket

desrochejennife
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't know I was supposed to leave in my old Sim card and I missed the 90 minute window to answer the sms text. I will need my transfer reset. 

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaniellaM1974 

public mobile no phone number for support customer service,
at public mobile customer service Only by Moderator Team.

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

@DaniellaM1974 wrote:

Can someone please help me with my phone

@DaniellaM1974    Sorry we are just customers responding on this forum and can usually help with most things that don't require account access.  Please call the number I've private messaged you for further help.

DaniellaM1974
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone please help me with my phone

@DaniellaM1974 wrote:

I tried rebooting

@DaniellaM1974     Sorry you're having so much trouble with the transfer but I've just private messaged you the Telus porting number for further assistance.  Look in your community inbox (envelope icon) top right next to your avatar.  Good luck.

DaniellaM1974

I tried rebooting

DaniellaM1974

I missed my doctor's appointment and my son's call

DaniellaM1974

I did it yesterday. The text I got never asked for a response or confirmation

@DaniellaM1974  Did you recently port your phone number over to PM ?  Try rebooting your phone.  Try putting your sim from your previous provider and see if you get a text to port your phone number.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@DaniellaM1974 wrote:
  • Can someone please help me, I'm in tears, I'm so frustrated with how difficult it is to get help. My phone will only call and text out. I can't receive.

@DaniellaM1974    Did you just activate a new account?  It can sometimes take upto 3 hours to get full service and incoming calls/texts are the last part to complete.  

Also did you reply yes to any phone transfer text from your previous carrier if you're porting over your number?  Keep your old SIM in your phone to respond to the text and then insert your PM SIM and reboot your phone a few times over the next couple of hours.

DaniellaM1974
  • Can someone please help me, I'm in tears, I'm so frustrated with how difficult it is to get help. My phone will only call and text out. I can't receive.

@crelnare  Actually, you can try to get a receipt following the instructions from this thread.  PM will send you an invoice with your address.  But it will take 3 week or so 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Request-a-Receipt-for-your-Ac...

@crelnare   PM is a prepaid service and won't be able to provide you with a contract that shows your address, you might need to look for another source.

crelnare

Hi, I just activated my sim card and I want to know how can I get my contract?

I purchased this number with the hope to get a paper contract to prove my address. I need the proof of address to get a SIN as I am a newcomer.

Would you be so kind to help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance

@Harout   If you are changing provider (moving out of PM), it's actually PM sending you a text to confirm if you are leaving.

Ref: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.The SMS text will read as follows: Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you.If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our moderator team who will be able to assist you.

@desrochejennife   if you have already replied Yes to the text from your old provider, the porting should finish within 30 mins to 2 hours.

Best way to do is to reboot your phone every 15 mins and test calling yourself

desrochejennife

Did you leave your old Sim card in? I didn't and missed the text too.

Harout

I'm changing my provider my new provider sent you guys a message but i didn't got the message to reply yes and cancle this plan

desrochejennife

Thank you. I put my old Sim card in and got the text. Just waiting now for the transfer to finish. Will I get a notification when it's ported?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@desrochejennife 

Common mistake for most new PM customers and that is why we are here to help you with your issue.

All you have to do is to click on the SIMon chat button and type in create a ticket for a moderator to reinitiate the porting process.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Let me send you a number for the Porting team to contact.  they can re-trigger the SMS.  Check your Community inbox.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with us with a temporary phone number and after that let me know to help you with the port in.

that even if a person is not a customer of Public Mobile they can create an username under the Community and get in contact with a Moderator. Send any information related to the activation and the phone number that they want to transfer and then we can work with that in our system.

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Need Help? Let's chat.