cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to transfer between public mobile numbers

brownings1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'd like to speak with a team moderator to solve this following problem.

I've been a public mobile user for a long time but never registered an account until now. I've always used vouchers to top up my account through 611. However, my old phone no longer works and I can't access 611 to top up my account. I couldn't find an article here that tells you an alternate method to access your account beyond using self serve. Again, the account was not registered under self serve so the system won't allow me to access my account this way. It only tells me that my old number is not available which makes sense as it still belongs to me. 

I have a new phone and created a new public mobile account and want to transfer my old public mobile number to the new account.  Switching out SIM cards was not an option as different SIM sizes between old and new phone.

The only way it appears this can be done is through assistance from a team moderator. Also, I tried the AI bot but found this was not helpful to resolve this issue. So, would someone please provide the link to the team moderator.

Much Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@brownings1  If you've activated the new SIM, you now have 2 accounts. To create access to the original try using this link: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/. Don't use the email address you used when activating the new SIM.

Come back and let us know for further directions.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@brownings1 

Check your original sim card and as instructed by @ShawnC13 see if you can punch out the size you need to fit your new phone.

75DEB9DD-81D2-4AA7-8BDD-9A990E337308.png

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@brownings1, just so you know switching numbers between accounts is something that we have been told is not possible.  You should have just set up an online account for your first number and if your new phone has a smaller sim than your original phone it would probably punch out from your existing sim.  If not with an account you could have just purchased a new sim and logged into your account and changed SIM that way.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@brownings1 wrote:

I've been a public mobile user for a long time but never registered an account until now. I've always used vouchers to top up my account through 611. However, my old phone no longer works and I can't access 611 to top up my account. I couldn't find an article here that tells you an alternate method to access your account beyond using self serve. Again, the account was not registered under self serve so the system won't allow me to access my account this way. It only tells me that my old number is not available which makes sense as it still belongs to me. 

I have a new phone and created a new public mobile account and want to transfer my old public mobile number to the new account.  Switching out SIM cards was not an option as different SIM sizes between old and new phone.

The only way it appears this can be done is through assistance from a team moderator. Also, I tried the AI bot but found this was not helpful to resolve this issue. So, would someone please provide the link to the team moderator.

Much Thanks.

@brownings1  The moderator should be able to investigate the problem and fix the problem if your old account hasn't been  inactive for more than 90 days. Note that you should still be able to use your old sim or if you lost the old sim just change the sim number on your old account.

If you never setup your selfserve for your old account you should still be able to do it by clicking here.

@brownings1 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. The account/old number still belongs to me. Just need to top up and transfer old number. Will update when resolved. Regards.

As @RossN stated, if the account has not been renewed 90 days from the renewal date the account would have been closed and you no longer own that number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Self-Serve-Account-Management/ta-p/245...

Missed Payments

If you miss a payment due date, your account will be put into a suspended state, meaning you will be unable to use your phone services. You will have up to 90 days to make a payment, and after doing so your payment cycle with restart and your service will resume. After 90 days, suspended accounts are permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

brownings1

Thank-you. Will update once resolved.

brownings1

Thanks for getting back to me. The account/old number still belongs to me. Just need to top up and transfer old number. Will update when resolved. Regards.

brownings1

Thank-you for getting back to me. I've sent a private message and will update once resolved.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@brownings1 wrote:

Much Thanks.

@brownings1 hello if it has ben longer than 90 days then your old account is closed and your number is gone if not you can 

contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the chat bubble at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue 

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@brownings1 

Contact a moderator to have them assist you in getting back into your original account.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.