cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help new phone won't register on network

Bigpointguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I trnsferred Public Mobile sim to a new phone. Won't register on network. Tried in settings - no joy.  Can't find SIMON to open a ticket. Mystified.

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bigpointguy 

Your sim card didnt provision correctly upon activation thus its not communicating with your account so its basically saying nothing to your phone. Only customer support can fix it.

HI @Bigpointguy   Yes, A71  should work without problem (unless it is a variant from another region)

Please open a ticket with PM and CS agent will confirm if the sim was setup correctly on the system

Bigpointguy

It       The new phone is a Galaxy A71 and I did check to make sure it is compatible with PM

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bigpointguy 

Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If not blacklisted and or locked to another provider, try restarting your phone with your PM sim card inside, and also try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Bigpointguy 

Do you have any services working on your phone? Does public mobile show up? Is your phone older than a 2018 model? It does sound like your "sim card did not provision correctly upon activation". Type that and "human" into SIMon and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via SIMon.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Bigpointguy   What kind of phone do you have?

Did you try the SIM in another phone?

I think the SIM card might not have permissioned properly in the beginning, please open ticket with PM CS Agent

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

EirikTheRed

My experience was that the first time I tried to register nothing happened however the second time I tried I was registered. I hope this helps.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Bigpointguy hi is your new phone used is it locked to another carrier? are there any messages on your phone puk lock? what type of phone?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

What type of phone is it?  Are you sure it is compatible with the Telus/PM Network?  You can always raise a trouble ticket through the link at the bottom of the page under Get Help or the link is also in my signature

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.