cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help. New phone, no connection USA Roaming

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So we got our mother a “new” cell for Christmas, a repurposed one really, my sister upgraded (Verizon USA) and sent it to me to get setup.

First I tested the phone, slipped my wife’s PM sim in it, and while it didn’t show the network name/icon it did however connect and call out after finding the network in the network settings.

Great right?  Packaged the phone for Christmas, and she opened it last night.  Now she’s traveled to the USA and my sister is helping her set it up.

It won’t send texts or make nor receive a call.

Its a LG G6 originally on Verizon in the USA.

Account has a $25 monthly plan.

has 200 intl minutes

has 400 intl minutes from christmas

i also bought the $15 talk and text roaming pack for her about noon today on her account.

It should be active immediately correct?

66564AA6-6723-4B68-82BB-EFB964E5F105.jpegC62BE158-E436-4E38-9863-F2069372AE73.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10

@thomask  The roaming add on not showing up in the my plan and add ons section appears to be the problem so contacting a moderator is the solution. However has your mother rebooted the phone since arriving? Also using the lost/stolen feature could reprovision the account and make the roaming add on appear but you will lose rewards and need to have them applied by a moderator after renewal. If you try this also reboot the phone afterwards. Lastly if roaming is needed asap you could try to repurchase the roaming add on to see if it shows up (normally you cannot repurchase with a working roaming add on...it won't allow you.) Then ask for a credit for the original missing one. I would wait until after midnight et. so the first day would be counted as the 26th. There was a case a week or so ago where a customer purchased a roaming add on three times before getting a working one. The first two were credited back to the account.

That add-on should be on the list and it's not, you should contact moderators

Click on the question mark.

What do you see in plan and add-ons?

@thomask wrote:

Can you refresh my memory on how, it’s been forever... lolSimon.JPG

thomask

Can you refresh my memory on how, it’s been forever... lol

@thomask 

Don’t see the roaming add on in your overview page. But, it looks like that you purchased the $15 package from your payment history. 

You may need to contact moderator to help sort things out. 

thomask

We added the money to her account last week, going in we had ~$27 on her account.  I bought the addon, see second image or...

20C14160-95AF-4CF7-BC17-38750EED3EE5.jpeg

It reduced the funds available but it doesn’t seem to have activated?

Im wondering if it’s because it’s “beneath the fold” of available addons in that section.  I’ve been claiming her bonuses every time PM sends her an offer.  (September’s anniversary bonus, Christmas bonuses) and with the original addon when she signed up, she just hasn’t used a lot of it...

Did you do both steps for add-on? It's a two step process to purchase.

Screenshot_20190906_234608.jpg

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

thomask

Already done.  Check the edited first post (just now).  Thanks!

I’m wondering if it might be glitching due to the pure number of Addon’s listed in that section?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@thomask 

Do you see the 10 day roaming add on in the overview page?  Under add on section?   Buying an add on is a two step process. Need to load funds and then purchase the add on. 

Maybe ask ask wife to manually select carrier: either T mobile or AT&T.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Edited.

Need Help? Let's chat.