cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need My Old PhoneNumberBackLost SIM Card, bought a new SIM & activate it mistakenly to a new number

andybrady
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To whom it may concern;

My name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Account # xxxxxxxxxxxx

I currently reside at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I lost my phone which contained my Public SIM card (my phone number) which is xxxxxxxxxxxx

I went online on the Self Service Website and reported my phone lost and deactivated my SIM Card.

I bought a new SIM card a day after but I honestly did not know the steps well enough which made make a mistake an get a new phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of just reactivating my old phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Would be possible for Public to give me my old phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx back since it has not been 60 days since the incident happened.

Feel free to contact me at my alternate phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or via email @ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your understanding and any assistance,

edited by computergeek541: contact information removed

11 REPLIES 11

Sounds to me like a NEW ACCOUNT has been created with the new SIM card. That means the new SIM card is toast. Another will be needed and then log into the OLD account and do the Change SIM card as instructed previously.

It might be better to contact the moderators for help if you have actually created a new account on a new number and paid for a month. Maybe they can fix it.

AE_Collector

@andybrady  yes you did a boo boo.

Getting a new sim card to attach to an account you already have. You're not supposed to activate the card. That means you are paying for a second plan and now have two numbers and two accounts. 

To late now but you're simply supposed to take the brand new sim card and log into your account. Click change sim card (green arrow) on picture below and you would have been good to go.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Now that is all in the past and you realize the error you made. You will have to open a ticket for moderators to see if they can fix everything for you.

You can reach them in two ways.

Simon.JPG

  

2 - or private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

A third option (if you want to spend a few more dollars) is getting a 3rd sim card while you wait for the moderators to fix your boo boo on that second account you activated. Maybe they can simply transfer the balance to your old account and close the new one. So you'd be out 1 sim card cost. If you bought a 3rd sim and properly set up that sim card by "change sim card"..

That would get you up and running on your old plan number.

End cost would be 2 sim cards you bought.

Or simply just contact moderators and wait to see if they can fix how it currently is at present. 2 sims 2 accounts. Your choice. But mods will definitely need to be contacted at this point.

@andybrady wrote:

My problem is my previous phone number that I’m trying to get back, I reported it lost and bought a new SIM card and instead of juss using the SIM to get my old phone number back, I made a mistake and got a new phone number and I cannot even choose my old phone number and I have NOT found my old SIM either yet fml..

So did you use that new sim to activate a new account with a new number? 

andybrady

My problem is my previous phone number that I’m trying to get back, I reported it lost and bought a new SIM card and instead of juss using the SIM to get my old phone number back, I made a mistake and got a new phone number and I cannot even choose my old phone number and I have NOT found my old SIM either yet fml..

@andybrady 

Were you able to change your sim card in self service?

andybrady

Thank you everyone for your concern regarding my personal information but none of the information provided reflected my new residence.

I also have 4 emails. One specifically created for Public Mobile.

You can rest assure none of the information provided can be useful in any way. Moreover, there are more than 112 people named Andy Brady out there also LOL. 

I was waiting for an answer then I wanted to update my personal information.

However, I totally understand and agree with the forum rules and apologize for my initial post.

Thank you for your understanding,

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@andybrady contact customer support mods

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
type "security or identity fraud issue"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

OP, you are lucky someone edited out your personal information.  

If what others have suggested doesnt work, open a ticket through SIMon or contact a moderator through private messaging

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@andybrady  and with all that personal info you just posted on a public forum. You probably now lost your phone number completely and some $$$ out of your bank's 😅edit your post immediately!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@andybrady 

All you need to do is go into self service and change sim card and then put your sim card into your new unlocked phone.

change.jpg

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@andybrady 

Immediately remove your personal info. This is a public forum. Choose 3 vertical dots and edit your post. You are opening yourself up to identity theft, sim jacking. @CS_Agent @computergeek541 

Any help to remove personal info mods online: @Alex_D @Carlos_T @Christopher_M @Eddy_G @Maria_L @Marius_F 

edit.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.