cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW 2GB plan with 4G speeds $37.50

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A new plan popped up on PM. It's the 2GB 4G speed plan for $37.50. Says it is for a limited time. Good for low usage consumers but don't want 3G speed.

11 REPLIES 11

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Customers will bite at different offerings whether they are a better deal or not sometimes. I feel companies bank on this to happen if they can make it sound like a promo or deal and reel someone in to make the switch.

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr @computergeek541 

It is a very simple math done by someone from PM: incremental 2G data for $3.75

$45 6G - $3.75 => $41.25 4G - $3.75 => $37.50 2G.  

Unfortunately this person can't figure out that it does not work that way at the lower end of data offering.

Pawprints1986

Instead of offering more pricey 4g plans, why not offer the 3g at a deeper discount ?Right now the 3g plans are equal or very close to prepaid or even "starter" postpaid plans at the mid tier carriers and I think even the top tier offers these

Why not make public as a 3rd tier actually stand out? Say it's limited time to get around crtc

Metal1967

Reminds me of the time people used smoke signals…😂😂

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@LeePublic    That's awful pricing and can't see too many customers jumping to get to this limited time offer.

a lmited time offer that's worse than the regular offers

Yes, much worse considering the difference is $3.75 for double the data at 4G speeds. 

@dabr wrote:

@LeePublic    That's awful pricing and can't see too many customers jumping to get to this limited time offer.

a lmited time offer that's worse than the regular offers

LeePublic

I wish there was a promotion in the $45 range like 10-15 GB with 4G speed. That would make me jump to that plan in a heart beat. I wouldn't mind paying $10 more per month for that type of plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This effectively $12.50 for an extra GB of data compared to the ubiquitous $25 plan.  When usage is this low, 4G vs 3G speeds is for the most part immaterial.  

LeePublic

@computergeek541  I agree, this isn't the best plan value wise, but it lowers the 4G speed plan price to make it a bit more accessible. I think it's just introducing another tier, possibly they are testing it out and it may stick around as a permanent option. And this plan was included in the 25% reduction promised by the "Red" party.

@LeePublic wrote:

A new plan popped up on PM. It's the 2GB 4G speed plan for $37.50. Says it is for a limited time. Good for low usage consumers but don't want 3G speed.

I think that it's a terrible plan.  As a consumer, it's good to see a lower priced plan, but I believe that it offers too little for that price.

Need Help? Let's chat.