cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED MY CREDIT CARD REMOVED FROM AUTOPAY AND ACCOUNT!!!

yourtimetoshine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,   

So about a month or two ago i set up an account for someone i met on the street who had a cell phone but didnt have a plan for it.   (meh, shoot me for trying to help the homeless).  Anyway, To this account, I have my TD visa debit access card set up on AutoPAY, which I want it taken off.  

Can someone help me out here?  Please?  I would greatly appreciate it

8 REPLIES 8

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

By the way I think it was very nice of you to help someone out with a phone even if it is temporary. Thanks for being a good Samaritan 

@jp2 FYI: numbers cannot be transferred between Publc Mobile accounts.

A suggestion for future good samaritans wanting to do a one off:

a) when activating use a fake info: name, address, PIN, etc.

b) use an email address and password you will never use again (maybe https://harakirimail.com ?)

c) purchase vouchers and activate using them rather than a credit card.

Give the recipient the email address and account password so they can manage it going forward.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jp2

Now that accounts are available again I was able to confirm under the payment tab there is a manage auto pay button. Once you click that there is another button that says remove auto pay. 

jp2

I'm new and haven't done this before.

I think you login to your account, click on the payment tab, then there should be a manage payment button. From there you should be able to change the card to his method of payment or simply remove it. When payment doesn't go through the account will go into suspension unless payment is made. If payment isn't made within a set time of suspension the number will be lost and the account closed.

He may be able to make his own account and then port the number to it so he isn't using your account. I'm not sure how porting works from one PM account to another. 

yourtimetoshine

no just want autopay off my card so he can pay his own way as this wasnt a freebie and i told him that from the start, he's just lucky i didnt clue into the first payment til now\.

jp2

Do you want to permanently cancel and lose the number? 

yourtimetoshine

as long as its done before the 21 so i dont get charged 40$ again i dont care when it gets done

jp2

You cannot currently access accounts because it's down for maintenance. It will be back up tomorrow 

Need Help? Let's chat.