cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP from customer service agent - St Thomas not recognized as city

Nambrogio26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I urgently need to update my address as part of a utility bill address verification and I'm now based in St Thomas, Ontario, but when I go to update my address in my account section, it won't recognize it as a valid city. Please contact me ASAP to get this changed

11 REPLIES 11

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The thing with this place is that there is no verification of the validity of the name and address. They can be anything. I understand that some places like to see utility bills and that they would be satisfied with what shows here because they wouldn't know any better assuming it's like any utility bill. So the fact that the city list or lack of an entry box makes this address unreliable.

@Tsawwassen the city is really for record keeping, not really any use, not for credit card authorization or so.    Just use any city you like.  after all, this is just a prepaid provider 

@Tsawwassen wrote:

But what should one do if their city is not on the list?

The only thing that can be done is to pick one at random (or a nearby city).

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Just put in what you can..,address, postal code. And forget about city if it is not in the drop down. Postal code gives you city information. 

If there was previously a city name saved but the Self Serve changes from a few months ago blanked it out, the only choices would  be to leave the address the way it was before or to pick an knowingly incorrect city.  The site won't let a new address to be saved without selecting a city.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Just put in what you can..,address, postal code. And forget about city if it is not in the drop down. Postal code gives you city information. 

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

But what should one do if their city is not on the list?

ThatPug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ohhh okay that makes sense then, sorry for my ignorance on the subject.  

@ThatPug 

Public Mobile does not accept any manually typed in city name. The dropdown list must be used.

ThatPug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Stupid question but possibly worth a try:  Did you try all iterations of ST?  Like "ST, S.T., Saint" or even try "Thomas" Ontario possibly?  It seems strange it wouldn't recognize an address just based on postal code.  You could try entering your postal code into google to see what city is your postal code is considered to be within?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nambrogio26 , as already mentioned the city list is very incomplete.  That said, I would not worry too much about the address information as it does not factor into anything.  At most you might be asked to confirm that information when initiating a support ticket.  As long as you know what you have used in the account whether it is accurate or not, you are good to go.  

The Self Serve system will only allow address changes to be saved if a city is selected from the list. Unfortunately, you will need to save an inaccurate address.  Please select a nearby city from the list.  Also, Public Mobile cannot be used for addresss verification.  Prepaid service doesn't count as a utility bill nor does Public Mobile verify the information in any way.

Need Help? Let's chat.