cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My text messages are being received multiple times

darkroast
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently my contacts are complaining that they are receiving multiple duplicate of my text messages to them.  I have a OnePlus Andriod phone and I use Textra app for my SMS.  Any thought of why this would be happening?

5 REPLIES 5

darkroast
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone.  I will give the Google sms app a try and see if this resolves the issue.

@srlawren, I too took advantage of the new Messages app, but miss the ability to increase the font size in-App.

However, I can get around this most times now as this app can be sent to the web browser on my PC or macbookAir.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I've had this happen occasionally in the past but it usually goes away on its own.  You could try rebooting (if you haven't yet), or swtiching maybe to a different texting app at least long enough to see if that makes any difference.  Google's own Android Messages app is completely free and pretty decent these days https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging.  I switched from Textra back to this about 6 months ago when someone pointed out Textra's privacy policy to me.  At that point I decided it wasn't worth the nicer theming and such.  I do miss delayed send though!  I wish every messaging app I use had it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@stonechucker wrote:

The only time I had an issue like that was back in my Rogers days, using Rogers1Number.  I would send an SMS from my iPad or my computer, and it was sending duplicates.

Rogers blamed Telus, and Telus blamed Rogers.  Most likely a carrier issue, rather than your software.

I would be inclined to think the problem is the app.  

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

The only time I had an issue like that was back in my Rogers days, using Rogers1Number.  I would send an SMS from my iPad or my computer, and it was sending duplicates.

Rogers blamed Telus, and Telus blamed Rogers.  Most likely a carrier issue, rather than your software.

Need Help? Let's chat.