cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My review of Public Moblie posted to Trustpilot

Xavier86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Title: If Petty was a phone company 

The wrong card was still registered for my payment, so I paid manually. They texted me that it went through, yet after June 1st, 2022 I didn't have service, apparently there was a chargeback so instead of calling me or emailing me, they disabled my self serve and the 611 number to call customer service and told me to go pay using a voucher. I will not be going with or recommending this phone company ever again.

18 REPLIES 18

There's a perception out there that the fact of not being able to talk directly live to support that that is bad. I rarely ever need to ask support. When I do well then I just have to wait and do the typing.

So the agents straightened it all out and you don't have to do vouchers for a year? They set you up for autopay again?

If so, then nice. So there you go, a fine outcome.

@Xavier86   So, you are leaving and not looking back?

Xavier86

Oh I see. Well it is very sad that. The agents are amazing but the company just doesn't use that. 

Xavier86

I already solve it with an agent. The agents are wonderful & the service is great. The company is not one i would recommend though, it is a shame with such amazing agents.

@Xavier86 wrote:

I deleted the card that was a not my main one and replaced it with my card but I paid the amount due the same day because I still had yet to pay my service for the month of June. I manually paid and they texted me that it went through, I looked at my bank account and money was indeed taken out but my service did not resume after June 1st 2022. I did not receive any refund.

@Xavier86   So, Autopay kicked in as well as your manual payment?  In that case, in Transaction history, you should see 2 payment entries.  One payment would have gone for renewal (which I assume you manually resume service) and the other one go into Available Fund.  Or if you never able to resume service, then both payment would have been sitting as Available Fund.  Yes, I understand you don't have access to My Account now, so, everything is too late

Are you going to try again with senior PM support staff to work out something? or you are really going to leave?  But if you care about your number, you will need to make sure your account is active, get your account number and request porting.   Suspended account cannot be ported

Xavier86

I deleted the card that was a not my main one and replaced it with my card but I paid the amount due the same day because I still had yet to pay my service for the month of June. I manually paid and they texted me that it went through, I looked at my bank account and money was indeed taken out but my service did not resume after June 1st 2022. I did not receive any refund.

@Xavier86 wrote:

And just yo memtion they disabled self serve and calling 611 for a year because of that. I understand for a month or even a couple months but disabling 611 for customer service is beyond ridiculous.

@Xavier86   If you deleted the card, you were planning to suspend the service?  If there is no card and you were planning to stay using the service, you should have loaded money ahead of the payment date, then Autopay won't got triggered.

Anyway, if you think you did everything right and PM was at fault at the beginning, and you have some intention to stay here, you can open another ticket and ask them to escalate to senior staff and try to work out a solution.  

But again, the chargeback is the main reason why you are where you are.  Prepaid is very sensitive to chargeback.  Some people could take advantage for a month of free service by chargeback on the 29th day.  I am not saying you are, but this is why Prepaid services are very strict with customers who did that

There's no customer service on 611. It's just a limited self-serve service.

I don't know what other prepaids do but I guess it's kind of a penance for free service. I agree that one should be able to pay "arrears" and be all good again but seems not.

Xavier86

And just yo memtion they disabled self serve and calling 611 for a year because of that. I understand for a month or even a couple months but disabling 611 for customer service is beyond ridiculous.

Xavier86

I would disagree, I'm still being charged more than the bill was and not to mention if you eat a free sample but are charged more after the fact then it was never a free sample. 

Whatever payment from wherever it came from, if that gets charged back for whatever reason, you've just enjoyed free service. If that was in the past then you enjoyed free service BEFORE you successfully paid.

Xavier86

Nope, they texted me saying I paid manually and before I paid manually I deleted the previous card on my account. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah chargebacks are usually a death sentence for services like this.

Xavier86

They texted me saying my MANUALLY payment went through. Plus I deleted the previous card before I manually paid.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Xavier86 , the unfortunate thing with a prepaid service is the structure is unforgiving. You have to successfully pay first in order to receive service.  I would not blame Public Mobile.  

Xavier86

I forgot to mention that I deleted the card and they said the payment went through via text for my main card....so I don't understand.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What caused the chargeback? Yes chargebacks are brutal for prepaid services. You've basically used services for nothing. Companies don't like that.

Is it that you paid somehow else and then let it try autopay and that card was charged back

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Xavier86   In this situation, i think you have part of the responsibility as you said "the wrong card was still registered" to the account.

Instead of a chargeback, you should have opened a ticket with PM Support and work with them on this.  But I guess it is too late now  😞 

Need Help? Let's chat.