cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My port didn’t work

Tessatext
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My port didn’t work and I no longer have my old cell phone SIM card. I did contact my previous provider and they opened the number so it can be ported. 

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tessatext 

Do you have another phone to put the sim card in? If so and the sim card works then reinsert it in your phone and see if it works now in your phone. If it doesnt but worked jn the other phone then the issue is with your device. If it doesnt work in either phone then the issue is with the sim card. 

Contact customer support to request reprovisioning of the sim card.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@Tessatext wrote:

I had to report the number. My phone started working for one day and now says SIM card failure

@Tessatext  - is your account status saying Active in your Self Serve account: Public Mobile - Overview

When you go to this area in your Self Serve, do you see the phone number you expect to see your account is under?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-plan/

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You had to report what number?

Try removing and then reinserting the SIM card 

Restart your device. 

Tessatext
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had to report the number. My phone started working for one day and now says SIM card failure

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is your old account still in good standing?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tessatext 

Use the phone number supplied by @HALIMACS and have your account # from your previous provider ready. Otherwise your other option is contacting customer support to reinitiate the port request.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Tessatext 

I'll private message you the number to assist with porting.  Perhaps you may use a friends phone to call them.

Check your private messages in upper right envelope icon.

Need Help? Let's chat.