cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan is 15 monthly

triksimanlongat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased a new sim and activated and im all set up.then when im going to send a message its error.thankyou

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@triksimanlongat wrote:

I just purchased a new sim and activated and im all set up.then when im going to send a message its error.thankyou

Hello @triksimanlongat ,

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

After trying some helpful trouble-shooting suggested by other posters and issues are still not resolved check in with the Moderators to make sure this is not a stuck port.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@triksimanlongat 

Could you be using an incompatible device? 

(EDIT: it's compatible)

Check here:

WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@triksimanlongat 

You might have to reset your message setting. Backup all data first.

- Open Message>click Settings>Reset all settings>Power off phone.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Welcome to Public Mobile!  Sorry to hear you're having an issue, but we should be able to get this sorted.  For starters I would try:

• Toggle Off/On the airplane mode.

• Restart your device.

• Manually select our network on your device network settings.

• Test your SIM card on a different device.

If after trying the above you are still experiencing the same issue,  the trouble ticket would need to be escalated to a moderator to be resolved. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@triksimanlongat : LG's are bad for sometimes needing full factory resets when changing providers. But try the network reset first. Can you try the SIM in another phone?

triksimanlongat

Nothing is working.it says .can't send message with public mobile-error

Anonymous
Not applicable

@triksimanlongat : Try shutting down the phone, remove SIM, restart phone, shut down phone, insert SIM, restart phone.

How about calls in/out?

Internet browsing?

Is it sending texts or receiving or both?

@triksimanlongat wrote:

Hi.thanks for the help.my phone is LG velvet 5g and im using the normal messaging of the phone its not a messages app

@triksimanlongat 

Is your talk working?  data? 

Might want to try to reboot phone.  Network reset of phone.  

triksimanlongat

Hi.thanks for the help.my phone is LG velvet 5g and im using the normal messaging of the phone its not a messages app

Anonymous
Not applicable

@triksimanlongat : What error? What phone? What messaging app?

Need Help? Let's chat.