cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone stopped working today. My bills are paid. I cannot make or receive calls or access voicemai

izzybee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need help, I submitted a ticket and have spent hours trying to fix this but it makes no sense. The phone it self is fine and I tested the sim card in another phone and I still cant make or receive any calls. This is really stressful as I am missing very important calls and have no idea what is going on. 

27 REPLIES 27

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@izzybee  Hopefully service is back. Going forward see if the post offers some ideas to reduce your risk for any future outages with any carrier you select: Solved: 100% SERVICE - Community (publicmobile.ca)

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I guess this issue isn't as resolved as public mobile thinks? If you all have mobile data working or at least access to wifi you should download a voip provider like TextNow or fongo so you can at least make phone calls while you await word from customer support on a fix.

Do you all have VoLTE enabled phones? This is where the calling issue stems from.

lorindaapps1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • My whole family, 5 lines all have the same message and possibly two other family members I haven’t checked with yet, all have the same message when they try to make a call. “You do not have an active plan”. 

josue64

I'm getting the same message when I try to make calls. At first the calls just failed but now I'm getting this message which is upsetting because I know I'm paid up.

josue64

I get an email indicating that I have a message waiting for me. I'm not sitting around the internet waiting for a response. But to be fair, you are technically correct. I should have clarified.

stephen_se

Hi, I can't make calls. It keeps saying "we cannot complete your call since there is no active plan in my account", even though my online account indicates "active". When other people try to call me, they also hear the same message "no active plan in my account".  This is totally unacceptable, why would you tell everyone who tries to call me that I don't have an active plan in my account, even when my account is active. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@izzybee @josue64 @xuxy0919 

This could be related to the outage the last few days for some members but it should have been resolve yesterday or maybe not.

Only option is to have a CS_Agent look into it for you guys.

Unfortunately, staff hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST so the will get back to you in the morning so keep your eyes on the envelope icon above.

@izzybee wrote:

Im sorry your dealing with this too

Currently, I'm having zero issues with my service.

izzybee

me too!!!!!!! this is just awful. 

izzybee

This is awful, Im very stressed about this too. Sorry this is happening to you too. 

izzybee

Im sorry your dealing with this too

@josue64 wrote:

I have submitted a ticket but I really hate that you can't talk to someone. You have to wait for an email reply. I have three bars on my phone so I do have a signal but when I dial a number it just hangs up. I don't have another phone so I can't make a call and the person I want to call (my mother) doesn't use email.

Public Mobile's customer support agents don't usuallyu contact customers by e-mail.  Customers need to come into Community and check for a private message.

josue64

I have submitted a ticket but I really hate that you can't talk to someone. You have to wait for an email reply. I have three bars on my phone so I do have a signal but when I dial a number it just hangs up. I don't have another phone so I can't make a call and the person I want to call (my mother) doesn't use email.

@xuxy0919 wrote:

I used incognito mode to check my status. it is active. 

For your second link: what is IMEI? How can I find mine?

The IMEI is an identifier for your device.  It can be viewed by dial *#06# or from your device's settting menus.

xuxy0919

I used incognito mode to check my status. it is active. 

For your second link: what is IMEI? How can I find mine?

@josue64- I have better luck using the pin option rather then the login option (after logging in again with the community login).

@josue64 

if you cannot submit ticket via chatbot, message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

josue64

I'm trying to write a ticket but the chatbox is very annoying. I wish I could talk to a human.

izzybee

it is connected to public mobile but cant make or receive any calls

josue64

like the other person. I'm all paid up. I have set up automatic payment and I never go over my data. This sucks. I just had this problem on Thursday.

@josue64   Text and data work and just not voice?

Please open ticket with PM Support agian with your issue.

@xuxy0919   it could be a different issue.  Check My Account first using Incognito mode and make sure account status is Active

Check if your phone is clean here

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Also, check if your PM sim card works on another phone

josue64

9:01pm. I also can't make calls. I had this problem all day Thursday and made a ticket. My account was reset but now I'm having the same problem. 

xuxy0919

My iphone is just in SOS mode (can't receive call/text/anything). It doesn't have any signal from public mobile. I tried to restart my phone and replug sim card. it didn't work.

@xuxy0919   and same thing that text and data work but not voice?

submit the ticket to PM support first.  Method to enage PM support on my reply above

xuxy0919

I have the same issue!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@izzybee   does the phone show connected to Public Mobile network?

are text and data working and just not voice?

if it is just voice an issue,  Some PM customers were having voice issue in the last couple days, it was supposed to be resolved, but you might be one of those impacted and unresolved.  Please open ticket with PM support so they can help 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.