cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number is used by another to spam people

thonguyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I just realized that someone use my phone number to call other people as as a scam. I am wondering how I can handle this issue? Should I report it to police?

Thanks,

Tho.

9 REPLIES 9

thonguyen

Thank you for your reply 

thonguyen

😀

thonguyen

Thank your very much for your explanation.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@thonguyen 

Caller ID spoofing

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/telemarketing/identit.htm

Something CRTC tries to help but unable to have something effective

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I've been called - by my own number!

@BEER- Don't worry about repeating all within a few minutes. We all do that. Repeating something long afterwards...not so much, although some do.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Your number is Not used to spam other but spammers spoof your number so it looks like you called.

No point to report to anybody as spammers just generate random numbers to appear on phone screens.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

OOOps - you beat my reply by a few milliseconds - so please don't think 'm repeating your response.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Scammers often use spoofing so it appears that an incoming call is coming from a local number, Obviously you have been targeted and as far as I know police can not do anything about it.In the past  crooks have also spoofed my number and there was nothing I could do about it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@thonguyen , this number spoofing happens all the time.  Please do not waste time clogging up the police lines.  They will do nothing anyway because there is nothing they can do.  

Need Help? Let's chat.