cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number is messed up

Ryan_Davies
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I signed up with public mobile I decided to keep my old number. I am in Nova Scotia, but have an Ontario area code. Only people with iMessage can still message or phone me. Everyone else can't and when I message them, it shows as a different number than mine. Does anyone have this problem and know 

4 REPLIES 4

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ryan_Davies   do you notice you are not receiving calls, too?

Stuck Port

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ryan_Davies 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it for you

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ryan_Davies - did you happen to get a 'new to you iphone'? De-Register the old number and set up the iphone with your number.

What happens when you dial your phone number from another phone? Does it go to the old provider's voicemail, or are you getting an error message?

Check that your old account is still active, and if so submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help with your porting; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ryan_Davies wrote:

When I signed up with public mobile I decided to keep my old number. I am in Nova Scotia, but have an Ontario area code. Only people with iMessage can still message or phone me. Everyone else can't and when I message them, it shows as a different number than mine. Does anyone have this problem and know 

@Ryan_Davies An important part of porting is to get a text from the old provider and reply YES within 90 mis.  Did yiu do that?  I think you missed that.  If so, you should be paying your old provider still.

How long was the porting request.  if it is over a month, the porting request would have been canceled and PM assigned you a new number 

No worry if you are still paying your old carrier as long as the account is still active.

Let us know when yiu joined PM as the action to take would be different.   Also, confirm if you still have thr old sim card and if the old account is active 

Need Help? Let's chat.