cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number is long distance for my community

mpm33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I live in Woodstock ON and my assigned phone number (new customer as of 24 hours ago) 519-xxx-xxxx is long distance for many of the exchanges in my community. For example the 421 prefix and 539. I cannot have my phone be long distance for these common exchanges in my city.

Please help.

Thank you,

Update: problem solved; thank you to all in the Community!

Phone # edited by popping

8 REPLIES 8

@mpm33 wrote:

I live in Woodstock ON and my assigned phone number (new customer as of 24 hours ago) 519-xxx-xxxx is long distance for many of the exchanges in my community. For example the 421 prefix and 539. I cannot have my phone be long distance for these common exchanges in my city.

It's not the actual phone number that the other people are calling you from that determines if it's long distance to call your number but rather the location that they're calling from compared to you the city that your phone number is assigned to.   If someone had a phone number from some other far-off city (possible these days largely due to cell phones) but is calling from Woodstock for example, it still counts as the call going from the city that the call is being placed from to the city of your phone number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpm33 : I wish the Oracles would only x out the last 4 digits.

I know this thread is solved but I think the following is relevant as explanation. (as far as I understand things anyway)

With a large userbase having Canada-wide calling, none of this really matters anymore. But for old landlines and some cell services that do restrict their geographic areas, this list is still relevant.

The following area codes/prefixes "belong" to Woodstock. They can call:

Area code 226:
Prefix - 228 232 242 253 536 547 557 705 793 795 796 883 888

Area code 519:
Prefix - 290 320 421 532 533 535 536 537 539 602 608 788

Area code 548:
Prefix - 207 887

Or:

Woodstock can call to and receive calls from with the above area code/prefixes

Beachville
Bright
Burgessville
Dorchester
Drumbo
Eastwood
Embro
Hickson
Ingersoll
Innerkip
London
Norwich
Norwich Independent
Princeton
Woodstock Independent

I hope that adds some background.

@mpm33 

Yes that could be inconvenient for people calling you but remember you do have Canada wide calling calling included in your plan and there are never any overages or extra billing at public mobile.

mpm33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpm33 

you can try to Changing Your Number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated.

To change, go to your Self Serve Account here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number
  • and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You should change your number to something more suitable to your community. You can change your number up to 4 times per month. Choose wisely 🙂

guitarpickr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Mary, you can easily change your number in your account and your area code under your profile. Cheers

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mpm33   First click the downward arrow and edit and delete your name and number from your post as this is a public forum unless CSA's already do it for you, hopefully..

You can change numbers 4 times within 30 days, so log into your self serve account and select Change Number (right hand side of overview page) and see if you can find a number that won't be long distance to others in your region.

Edit:  @popping   thanks for editing OP's post but can you also remove their name too?  Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.