Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is blacklisted some how

Rekan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to be able to talk to someone from Public Mobile

22 REPLIES 22

@Rekan if you got it from PM, open ticket with PM support for unlock code

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Rekan

i did check the devicecheck page it is on the blacklist as lost and stolen

Rekan

i do have a receipt but everyone tells me to go the community chat and to find a moderater

One more thing is that only the person that had it blacklisted can have it removed from the blacklist. So if you have the receipt send a copy of that and a screenshoot showing it blacklisted to PM. Alternately you may call Telus and see if they will help. They have in the pass but I am not sure if they are still doing that.

@Rekan   did you check the devicecheck page already and confirmed blacklisted?

You bought the phone from PM ?  was it a CPO phone you bought?  it was used on PM before?

Do you have the receipt with your name on it.

Apple will not ever blacklist a phone. I can confirm that.

Rekan

My carrier is public mobile but I did buy it out right from apple them self 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

The carrier is able to black list your phone but will only do this if you bought the phone from them and failed to pay for it or if the phone is reported to them to be stolen they will either suspend the use of the sim or blacklist it depending on what the proven owner request. By proven I mean you need to show a receipt with your name and proof of who you are. The requirements depend on whether you are attempting it in person, online or on a phone. So to blacklist a phone only the proven owner can do this and if you did not buy in secondhand than only you can have it blacklisted. As mentioned confirm it is blacklisted via devicecheck website. If you are certain it is blacklisted and you did not buy it from PM then you will need to go to the carrier, if you bought it from a carrier, to sort it out. 

@Rekan   PM does not blacklist phones

Where you got your phone from originally?  was it from another provider you left? or from private sell?

Rekan

It says it’s blacklisted as lost or stolen

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rekan so what did it say on devicecheck?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1 

Restarting a device can't un-blacklist a phone.

Not so sure if the phone is blacklisted. That happened to my phone once and just needed a hard restart.

Of course if it is blacklisted...not much can be done.

Rekan

its weird i did everything that you could of i just need to contact someone to unblacklist it on there end

@hairbag1 

Restarting a device can't un-blacklist a phone.

Try shutting down the phone and removing the sim for a few minutes...then replace and restart.

Anything help ?

Rekan

woke up one day and stopped working didnt do anything

MrSpock

ok try that why do you think it's blacklisted did it stop working all of a sudden? any messages on your phone?

Rekan

im trying right now but i didnt buy my phone second hand

MrSpock

did not what? did you try devicecheck?

Rekan

no i did not

MrSpock

@Rekan Hi no one in public can help you with that did you buy the phone secondhand from somebody? Go on devicecheck.ca you can find out there if your phone is black listed or not

Need Help? Let's chat.