cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone has no service

christinatan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account is fully paid. Next Payment due is Feb 28, 2021. This morning my phone had no service. I turned off the phone and re-started, but did not help at all.

5 REPLIES 5

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You may have been a target of SIM swap fraud if you have suddenly lost service for no apparent reason. If this is the case, please follow the below steps to confirm your SIM card information has not changed. 

1. Log in to your Self Serve account 

2. Select “Change SIM card” from the main page

Triguy_0-1613507245428.png

3. Confirm that the last four digits of the SIM card in Self Serve match the one in your device. If the digits do not match, you may have been targeted by a SIM swap fraud.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/650969

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@christinatan  Login your account and check if your account is active and contact the PM mediator.

I hope your account was not SIM swapped.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@christinatan wrote:

My account is fully paid. Next Payment due is Feb 28, 2021. This morning my phone had no service. I turned off the phone and re-started, but did not help at all.

@christinatan check your sim card number with the one in your self serve to make sure they are the same there has been sim jacking going on 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@christinatan  If you cannot call 611, login to your account, click Change SIM, and compare its number to that in your phone. A mismatch means your account has been stolen. Let us know for further guidance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What kind of phone? Previously working, presumably. Can you try to remove and reseat the sim? Perhaps reset network settings?

What does your self serve account say about the status of your account? Make sure it's active.

Just a few things to rule out.

Need Help? Let's chat.