cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data plan not working and it has been few days

Cabsauce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ever since I got my phone my data has not worked. I did all the asks things by the support in chat but even then it hasn’t worked. How can I fix this as this is extremely frustrating. Please help as I am thinking of cancelling because this is unacceptable.

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Ever since I got my phone my data has not worked

@Cabsauce  so, yiu got a new phone ot yiu just join PM network?

First try to click Reset All Network and see if that help

if not, try to update your APN.  

Compare the APN settings below, try to update it and save:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms

or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

(might need to include dun for hotspot)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled

or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on

Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cabsauce 

To test whether your phone is compatible with our network and not marked as lost or stolen, click here

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz (band 5), 1900 MHz (band 2) and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Please note that this information is indicative only. Your phone's compatibility with our 4G or 4G LTE networks is based on the radio frequencies of your phone.

• 3G or WCDMA 2 (1900 MHz ) and 5 (850 MHz) bands  makes the phone compatible, which is needed for phone calls, and can also be used for text messaging and data.
  • LTE can be used for text messaging and data.  Data will work on the HSPA network.  

If your phone is compatible with above...did Support Chat (SIMon Chatbot) ask you to ensure data was enabled on your device, and check the APN settings? What about a network reset?

How to reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

If an LG phone sometimes this requires a Factory Reset, but please try all troubleshooting first since it could be a pain to do back ups of info.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What's the make and model of the phone?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Problems with mobile data is usually did to APN settings.  Please make sure you have the correct APN settings on the phone.  Also it doesn't hurt to perform a network reset.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartphone...

@Cabsauce wrote:

Ever since I got my phone my data has not worked. I did all the asks things by the support in chat but even then it hasn’t worked. How can I fix this as this is extremely frustrating. Please help as I am thinking of cancelling because this is unacceptable.

This may not be a Public Mobile service issue, but rather could be an issue with the phone's APN settings.  If you haven't already, please have a look here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.