cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account was deactivated. Why?

olaoluwadeb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been using my phone without any issues for the past few months, after I switched to Public Mobile almost six months ago. I had setup autopay on my account. However, this day, my account was suddenly deactivated, even though I had already made a payment.

I initially thought it was my billing address, until I checked and saw it was wasn't changed from my bank until I called them. So the payment should have gone through. Regardless, I paid the amount again and my account is still deactivated. I cannot make outgoing calls or texts nor can I receive any incoming call or texts.

I would like to know what exactly is going on and want this fixed immediately.

10 REPLIES 10

@jor123  Aha I see....this is why the community exists. They could have solved the issue for you without having to wait for a moderator. Unlike my situation and likely @olaoluwadeb as well. As of now16 hours after verifying my account I have still not heard back from the moderator. I only wish the community could solve my issue but alas they cannot....so I wait....with no service.

SGJV1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you remove the SIM card and try it in another device? It may be the phone and not the connection with Public Mobile. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@jor123 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@olaoluwadeb  Several people including myself have this issue today. Submit a service ticket via Simon (?) At the bottom right of your screen. A moderator will have to fix it for you. Wait times are at least 8 hours for a response.

Funny because the issue was blamed on me in a few different ways for the first several messages (your payment didn't go through, a "pending" transaction means it failed; you changing your plan caused there to be insufficient funds despite autopay being on the plan being cheaper, etc.) before it was admitted to being a "special" situation. 

@jor123  All those suggestions are usually the standard reasons for this type of situation. It is only because none of those things applied to me and my time on the community usually helping people and my own diligence searching out other users having exactly the same problem was i able to figure out that this was not the more common of glitches in this situation. It is standard practice for members to ask you the basic questions in order to give you the proper troubleshooting / Solutions to your issue. If it none of these will work for you then they will direct you to submit a service ticket via Simon (?) At the bottom right of your screen to get in contact with the moderators who will then fix the issue in your account.

Those answers were given to me by a moderator after a support ticket was opened, not by community members. 

@jor123 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@olaoluwadeb  Several people including myself have this issue today. Submit a service ticket via Simon (?) At the bottom right of your screen. A moderator will have to fix it for you. Wait times are at least 8 hours for a response.

Funny because the issue was blamed on me in a few different ways for the first several messages (your payment didn't go through, a "pending" transaction means it failed; you changing your plan caused there to be insufficient funds despite autopay being on the plan being cheaper, etc.) before it was admitted to being a "special" situation. 

@jor123  All those suggestions are usually the standard reasons for this type of situation. It is only because none of those things applied to me and my time on the community usually helping people and my own diligence searching out other users having exactly the same problem was i able to figure out that this was not the more common of glitches in this situation. It is standard practice for members to ask you the basic questions in order to give you the proper troubleshooting / Solutions to your issue. If it none of these will work for you then they will direct you to submit a service ticket via Simon (?) At the bottom right of your screen to get in contact with the moderators who will then fix the issue in your account.

baby08
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

first check if the payment is gone through then check with pm for specfic issue you have they should be able to resolve the problem for you 

jor123

@darlicious wrote:

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

When was your renewal day? Did you make your payment after it expired? Is your phone service not working at all? Since when?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

jor123

This happened to me today as well, and was finally resolved after 7-8 back and forth messages with a moderator. In my case I set the plan to change to a lower cost plan at the end of the billing cycle, kept autopay on, but it didn't actually take the correct amount so I had to manually make the additional payment that didn't go through on autopay as normal by *611 with self-serve down. It said it was applied, just to go missing again (appearing on my bank statement). Hours later and apparently without intervention it got applied and my plan got reinstated but I was without service for most of the day. I would contact the moderators and get the ball rolling at least... 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@olaoluwadeb 

Is your account status still active on your overiew page after login?

If active, test your PM SIM card with another phone from family or friend.  This will determine you issue is hardware or PM server issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.