cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 5th message to moderator team still no answer ,renewed but still no phone line 25 hours later

slikk777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have now tried multiple ways to get in touch with your company and this is my fifth message , i have also spoken to at least 2 clients of your company through the community , no one can resolve my issue , i have tried sending my password back to my email i get this answer : ForgotPassword/OldPasswordNotValidContactAdmin , but admin is impossible to reach , i have also contacted ccts to file a complaint and also spoke to a represententive " Stefen " , ive called 1855-4782542 this line brings back to your 611 number and im still getting a message to renew my line with a coupon or through credit card , wich i did buy a coupon yesterday at a store who sells 12 digit numbers to renew my plan , but my plan is still not renewed even though i have sufficient funds to renew and i still have no answer from public mobile , ive deleted my cashe to reset my password , that doesnt work either , ive tried my other email in case i had entered the wrong one , that email doesnt exist , i am told that the only way to reach your company is by sending a message to moderator team but i'm still not getting an answer and my line has been inactive for the past 25 hours now , am i beeing frauded ? I have been a client since 2013 now and ever since your company has gone online i have been getting constant issues , unresolved problems , a non existent account and your company is unreachable ????? i have messages in my email coming from your company dated from 2013 so my account exists 

11 REPLIES 11

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just claim it on your expense account - 

cal800

Ouch...sorry bro I feel your pain. The mods are slow but the will eventually respond and sort it all out. Hang in there....once its working the service is great.

@slikk777 wrote:

I have not been informed of this poor service anywhere thats the problem and like i said before , i have never experienced this problem after 6 years of usage and mods are litterally not online that often and not that busy because the last time moderator team was online was yesterday at 1h17pm so if they were that busy because of black friday than they would be online after 24 hours so yes strongly thinking of changing for koodo because public mobile has turned into a total rip off company ever since it became online only and prices were fine 4 years back , plans were also fine so if moderators are to sit back and take our money without any service or return on our issues , especially if my phone is off even though i payed for service , i now lost a job because of this issue so yes i am very frustrated

From a legal standpoint if your employer requires you to have a phone they need to supply a phone and the service to go with it or put it in your contract that it is required so you can claim it as a employment expense on your taxes. If you lost your job then that is definitely grounds for redress. I was once reprimanded for not answering my phone when my employer tried to call. I quoted the regulations to them and they never mentioned it again.

Employers are more and more assuming that what use to be a luxury is now a requirement for employment but are not willing to supply it or are ignorant of the requirements.

If asked at an interview if I had a cell phone I would say no. If told that I needed one I would say sure, just put it in the contract. Then go get me the latest and greatest.

It is no different than requiring you to have a car, if you need it to get the employment then they need to state it in your contract.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@canadave wrote:

Also, how can you have been with Public Mobile for six years and not been aware of what the deal is when it comes to support?

@canadave well in fairness, people that signed up before the changes in 2015 (I believe near the beginning of the year) had access to phone based support, and still do if they are still on that "legacy" plan from back then.  

@slikk777 wrote:

mods are litterally not online that often and not that busy because the last time moderator team was online was yesterday at 1h17pm so if they were that busy because of black friday than they would be online after 24 hours

@slikk777 Just to comment on this point:  not seeing them in the online users list does not mean they are not working.  The moderator team use a different back-end system for reading and responding to private messages that does not require them to sign into the community front-end.  When they are busiest is when you typically see them online here the least, becasue they are too busy dealing with the queue of private messages to come here and read threads and so forth.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

canadave

Also, how can you have been with Public Mobile for six years and not been aware of what the deal is when it comes to support?

canadave

I sympathize with you, and it sucks to lose your job. However, with all due respect, if your job depended on having reliable phone service, you really should have spent the extra $5-10 a month for a more reliable and support-driven mobile service. It definitely sounds like Public Mobile is not the proper provider for you.

slikk777

I have not been informed of this poor service anywhere thats the problem and like i said before , i have never experienced this problem after 6 years of usage and mods are litterally not online that often and not that busy because the last time moderator team was online was yesterday at 1h17pm so if they were that busy because of black friday than they would be online after 24 hours so yes strongly thinking of changing for koodo because public mobile has turned into a total rip off company ever since it became online only and prices were fine 4 years back , plans were also fine so if moderators are to sit back and take our money without any service or return on our issues , especially if my phone is off even though i payed for service , i now lost a job because of this issue so yes i am very frustrated

canadave

I understand you're frustrated. However, there's no point complaining about a slow response. When you or me or anyone else sign up for Public Mobile service, the implied understanding is, "I am paying less than I would for other service providers, and in exchange, I understand I will be receiving slower service if I need help with anything." Unlike Koodo or Bell or Telus, Public Mobile's support system consists of this community forum and messaging with moderators, who can take some time to respond. That's just how it works, and that's why you pay relatively little for your service. If you want faster service, you'll need to sign up with someone other than Public Mobile.

To add to that, we just came through Black Friday, which involved Public Mobile promos, which means a LOT of new people probably signed up--which likely means a lot of new signup problems that have probably overwhelmed the moderator staff. I would not at all be surprised if response times are a lot slower this week.

I'm sorry that's not much help in solving your problem, but you have to understand that's just how things work with Public Mobile. I had a problem signing up for service yesterday, and I knew I just had to be patient, send a message to the mods, and hope the community could help, because that's what I signed up for. In the words of my old Czechoslovakian friend: "You pay the low, you get the low" 😉

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@slikk777Sorry I know it sucks. 😞 They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@slikk777

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  

If you are unable to reset your password for self service account, you will need to wait for moderator response.  Typical wait times are 1-2 days, but potentially longer.  Moderators do work on weekend, so hopefully, you will get response today or tomorrow.  You are not being defrauded, but the customer service with PM takes longer since no call centre and communication via private messaging, which takes time.  That is why the fees are lower with PM.  

If you can access your self service account, the lost/stolen phone trick may work to re-start your account, but you are unable to....  so you hae to wait for moderator unfortunately....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Need Help? Let's chat.