cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 1GB Add On in US never worked - Just happened 08 Oct

npetlu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It was really frustrating - I did add on for 1GB and paid - 

I did everything possible - Switching off the phone ( Iphone 11 ) , Resetting network settings etc. Maps did not work - Browser did not work  - just circling .....

is there a way to get the money refunded - The account still shows the Add on and usage as 0 bytes ..

seriously thinking of getting out of this crappy service

6 REPLIES 6

Crogers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same happened to my partner a few weeks ago. We assumed it was something to do with his phone. Then the same happened to me this past weekend on a different phone. It seems the US Data Add On does not work - buyer beware!!

npetlu

Low quality service is acceptable - no service is NOT - I did hear clearly about the "limitations" in service when I signed up - and when I call from US I don't think the system will prompt Domestic 1GB add - on ..and if they do PM has another problem in their hands 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

May sound silly, but did you just add 1GB of data or did you add US Roaming? I have seen in the past where a customer has thought they added 1GB of data and thought that should give them US roaming. But you need to buy the ten day US roaming package. Here is another issue with US Roaming that public mobile has stated, "US roaming packages can be impacted by the area you are in." This may not be super helpful but gives some insight as to why you could be experiencing issues.

Open a ticket and you may be able to get a refund through customer service. 

US Roaming6

10 day packages

Important: Important: As of February 22nd, 2022, United States (U.S.) carriers have started turning down certain 3G/HSPA networks. As a result, customers using U.S. roaming add-ons will be impacted by differences in coverage or service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) when roaming in the U.S. Customers may also experience changes to services such as welcome messages, voicemail notifications, usage notifications for voice, notifications when trying to make an international call, interactive voice responses (IVR), as well as the ability to set up voicemail while in the U.S. This shutdown will not impact your service in Canada."

Meow
Mayor / Maire

US add-on will work less and less in USA. I would hope people will read through Community and refrain of purchasing this add-on and later complaining it is not working.

USA is shutting down 3G.

You can ask for refund.

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

npetlu

not just me ...see the posts in recent times - 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@npetlu , if you did have problems with using the US roaming add-on, you use the chatbot link to submit a support ticket.  Ask nicely and the CSA team might offer up some goodwill, no guarantees of course.  

Need Help? Let's chat.