Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to other province

h_haroonbashir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there

I have a question 

I am using public mobile 120 promo package in ontario and if i move to other province in future then am i able to transfer it or i have to purchase again most recent plan respective to the province where i will move.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@h_haroonbashir wrote:

Got it thanks guys and what about data coverage.. i know Data coverage has no restriction but it will work in USA too? because i frequantly visit NYC. and I need GPS there.

Currently, Public Mobile doesn't offer roaming anywhere. They do plan to, but it hasn't started yet (and when it does,  it will cost extra obviously).

h_haroonbashir

Got it thanks guys and what about data coverage.. i know Data coverage has no restriction but it will work in USA too? because i frequantly visit NYC. and I need GPS there.

@h_haroonbashir wrote:

Hi there

I have a question 

I am using public mobile 120 promo package in ontario and if i move to other province in future then am i able to transfer it or i have to purchase again most recent plan respective to the province where i will move.

Thanks

You don't have to sign back up again.  As mentioned, you could keep your Ontario number, but whenever anyone calls while you are in your new province, your phone won't ring (unless you have a Canada-wide long distance add-on).  Also people who are in your new province would have to pay long distance charges to your Ontario city to call you.

The fastest/easisest thing would be to just change your phone number to one that is local to your new home.

newfoundland

You can keep the 120 promo package. But you will lost province wide call if you want to keep your ON area code.

You can always switch your number to another area code at self service portal. It is free.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you can make calls in what ever province you are in it doens't matter your home province.   if you are not in your home province you will not be able to receive calls (unless you have a long distance plan.

You can change your tel number in self serve. click plans and addons then change phone number.  ( you can choose province and local call area.

@neilselden created a great image in this post http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Di... which might clear up some confusion

Devil_tear
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Contour you are correct..

Contour

I believe you need to change your number first (your area code)

in order to get the province wide call

otherwise it would the same as making a call to other province (Long distance call)

correct me if I'm wrong please

because I'm actaully moving to other province next year. 

parousia52

Wherever you stay, you can use unlimited call option in the province. That means unlimited province-wide option included in 120 promo package.

Need Help? Let's chat.