cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved and now calls are long distance

DudeinGF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved within BC and updated my profile online.  Now anyone locally wishing to call me must dial 1 first (long distance call).  How do I get my home base changed so this stops?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@DudeinGF 

another option one can use if they still want to keep their number is to get a free textnow app local number and get the other party/parties to call that number instead. 

Its the second set of numbers that determine whether your number is local or not. Ie xxx yyy xxxx. Please check the CNAC website to check if your number is local or not http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You will have to figure out who is calling you most often and then chose area code and new phone number so you become local call for them.

You can change number 4x per 30 days.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@DudeinGF   If you are wanting to change your number then PM permits 4 number changes per 30 days for free.  You just need to log into your self serve account and select Change Number (right hand side of the page) and then select the city.  You can refresh the list of available numbers in your preferred city by selecting another one and then back to your first choice.

You'll also need to notify all your contacts, personal and business related if you opt to change numbers.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

To get local people calling you locally you would need to change your number to a local number. Then other people will be calling you long distance instead. But really, doesn't everybody have Canada-wide calling in one form or another that it wouldn't matter if they need the 1 in front.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Most cell phone plans have BC as toll free, I think. Only old landlines still might have LD within BC.

Just adding 1 won't incur LD charges on your PM account.

edit..let me clarify....if you're PM account was set up in Grand Forks...people from Kitimat should still be able to call you toll-free ...unless maybe they have old landline without LD plan included.

Need Help? Let's chat.