cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move my public phone number to a new public account

Laura2356
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My aunt has my public mobile number under her public account. I want to start my own account and move the number and plan to my account. Is that possible?

4 REPLIES 4

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Laura2356 wrote:

My aunt has my public mobile number under her public account. I want to start my own account and move the number and plan to my account. Is that possible?

There is no way to have multiple numbers under one account.  So your account is already all alone.  All you need to do is talk with your Aunt and change the payment method to your credit card and change the information on the account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Laura2356 

account swap cannot be done

But PM is just a prepaid service, the account does not have much to tie up to the person

What you can do is to ask your aunt to give you the My account login.  You login to the My Account and update the profile information and update the credit card payment

you would likely want to ask PM support to change the email tied to the My Account as well so you can use your own and receive 2FA code on your own email, please open ticket with CS agent for email address change:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You CANNOT transfer PM number/account to another PM account.

If you want to have HER account/number then: change address, provide new credit card and ask agent to update email so you would basically take over her account.

Or you would have to open brand new account and chose number.

@Laura2356 wrote:

Sorry, but there is no opiton for this and Public Mobile won't allow this, but you could have your aunt change the account so that it's under your name.

Need Help? Let's chat.