cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto G7 Play will not connect to LTE cellular data

an_johnson17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had this phone for a few years and have not had this problem before.  When I try to sign into the network my phone tries to connect to publicmobile.ca I get the message "Internal Server Error".  I have not tried a factory reset yet.  Any help would be appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11

@an_johnson17   So, it was RCS you were sending , i guess.  You have to go back to use SMS or use Wifi for now, I guess

Enjoy 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You didn't mention text 🙂 Glad to hear it's all figured out.

an_johnson17

Hey everyone! Thanks for the help Community!  So my data was all used up and that was the main problem.  Not being able to text was caused by a setting in my phone which required text to use data.  Thanks so much for the help!

Yeah in that case probably most cost effective to wait, although if you do get an add on it will rollover for as long as you need it if there are other gaps to fill for a particular period etc, so you could really go either way.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@an_johnson17 

Yes running out of data is the issue. Some phones will give you this message basically it's your apps saying they can't access your network. If you can wait until renewal then your data resets at midnight eastern. If you log in at midnight the data counter reappears reset to 0/1024mb(?) and once your phone connects to the mobile data network you will see the approximate 5.3mb buffer that pm uses appear (it resets nightly or toggling airplane mode on/off).

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@an_johnson17 wrote:

Under "If a feature is not listed below...." I don't see anything.  So maybe I did just use it all up.  My billing date is coming up so maybe I just need to wait until then and it will start working again.  Is the billing date the same as the date when the plan renews for a new month?  Thanks for the help, if this ends up being the solution I will let you know!

HI @an_johnson17   If there is no line about data there , then you already used up

You next renewal date will be the date on "Payment Due Before:".  That is the day you will your data again if you have used up now

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

if it is only couple day left and you can be without data till then, then yes, just wait.

If you need more data, you might consider buying add-on, one of these:

1GB Add-on - $15.00 (10 Reward points)
200MB Add-on - $5.00 (5 Reward points)

The good thing for add-on i PM is that there is no expiry for the add-on, if you don't used up before the next renewal comes, the left over from the add-on will roll over to the next month and can be used again when your regular data bucket is all used again

Of course, you can also consider changing plan to higher tier one with more data if you need it.  You can choose to Change Plan Now and start a new cycle with the new data immediately if you choose to.  

@an_johnson17  - the 'Payment for Next Cycle' date is when your plan renews, and that is when you minutes and/or data will replenish for your plan amounts.

If you are interested in purchased addons to get you through until your plan renewal you can purchase them in your self serve account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi...

Just note for purchasing addons - be sure to:
1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  

2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

an_johnson17

Under "If a feature is not listed below...." I don't see anything.  So maybe I did just use it all up.  My billing date is coming up so maybe I just need to wait until then and it will start working again.  Is the billing date the same as the date when the plan renews for a new month?  Thanks for the help, if this ends up being the solution I will let you know!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@an_johnson17 

Try 

• restarting your phone
  • toggling into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a reset of you network settings

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Does any of the above help/correct this issue?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@an_johnson17   is it just Mobile Data?  how about voice call ?  is voice working?

If voice is working, try to change the Preferred network to 3G ONLY/WCDMA ONLY and see if the data is working again

Also, check My Account and confirm if you still have any data left.  heck if any lines in the My Data and Add-ons section like this:

E-MyAcc-$15Plan Add-ons.png

If you  have a Data line there but still not work, try to do a Refresh Network and see if it works.  Please note when  Refresh Network is performed, your saved Wifi would be  erased too and you will have to rejoin the Wifi 

Also, if you have another phone around, try to put the PM SIM into the other phone and see if data works there

(data allowance had been consumed ........ Luddite)

an_johnson17

Sorry I forgot to mention it is Motorola G7 Play

Need Help? Let's chat.